I watched "School of Rock"... did I see the same movie you guys did???

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by fjhuerta, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I hope he did it right.....it's the D and G strings....open, 3rd fret, 5th fret...., finger picked....that's the only way to get it to sound right....too may people play it with barre chords!

2. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

We watched the DVD last night after my birthday dinner.
    We all enjoyed the movie and it may be good enough to buy for $15 to put on in the background while we do ebay. For me it is not really worthy of the big screen like (IMO) T3, Charlie's Angles, James Bond. I did not expect much and it provided a lot more than I expected.

3. dcooper

dcooper New Member

I'll have to watch it again, but I think they were using barre chords.

4. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Put me in the "I loved it" column. Maybe I'm just an over-the-hill punk, but damn it Rock n' Roll stands for something and this movie articulates that. A very important messsage, I think. Jack Black is very funny in a defining role and the utterly hilarious outtakes and extras.

In short, for me this is the best *three-star* movie of last year.

5. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Forum Resident

I loved this movie. From beginning to end, I was grinning ear-to-ear, or getting a little misty, or nodding my head and pumping my fist. Yeah, it's for kids. But I got a little kid in me, too.

Pretentious disclaimer: when I'm not watching Jack Black teaching groovy riffs to schoolkids, my cinematic attentions are focused on Tarkovsky, Bresson, Bunuel, Bergman, Ozu, and such new kids as Lars von Trier, Takashe Miike, Guy Maddin... and, of course, this Linklater fellar.

6. Many have said it already, this movie was not intended to be much more than an easy way to pass two hours. This movie is not moving commentary intended to change the way one lives their life. Jack Black is a first rate comic actor because he is willing to inject himself in the character. Are his characters great?..Nope. Will everyone like what he has to offer...never. You will just have to make of it what you will and understand that others will disagree with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.