If you had a Time Machine what Vinyl would you buy and the year?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd Crazy, Nov 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

First thing that come in my head was 1996 and buy me some Aenima by Tool. Plus maybe a Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness as well.

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  2. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

Straight back to June 1966, “yes, I’ll take a case of Beatles mono Yesterday and Today please”.

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  3. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

Robert Johnson’s 78”

4. hoggydoggy

hoggydoggy Forum Resident

I like this a lot!

No recording exists of it but, if vinyl and historic events are what we're concerning ourselves with, I'd take one of those little Zoom stereo handheld recorders to Paris on 29th May 1913, capture the Rite of Spring premiere, come back to (almost) the present day & press it up for RSD 2013!!

Walter H and Floyd Crazy like this.
  5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I would be afraid if I went back to the past to buy records, I might accidentally stop by the grocery and pick up some Mallomars, then return to the president and discover our President is a hamster or something....

6. Floyd Crazy

Floyd Crazy Senior Member Thread Starter

If I could have a second trip I would buy up all the Kraftwerk German first issues and Tangerine Dream also, so 1979 be a good year.

7. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

1930 I'd get Last Kind Words Blues by Geeshie Wiley and Elvie Thomas; hell I'd splurge on all their Paramount recordings.

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  8. BroJB

BroJB Large Marge sent me.

I'd go back to New Orleans in 1898 and get the wax cylinder that contains Buddy Bolden's only recordings -- and has never been located.

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  9. Floyd Crazy

The best trip yet what a great idea.

10. Floyd Crazy

If a third trip was taken I would go
    Back and buy all the first UK issue Queen
    Albums I could get my hands on,
    As there is a big following of this cool band..

11. Wes Moynihan

Wes Moynihan Red hot funkster

Beam me back to 1980 so I can pick up one of Throbbing Gristle's live tape boxes - still the Holy Grail of Industrial collectibles...

[​IMG]

12. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

Lots of people saying they'd go back and buy as many copies of this or that original pressing as they could carry then come back and sell them and get rich. If you had a time machine, wouldn't it be easier to just win big on the lottery? Then you don't have to faff on selling hundreds of records, you can just get the records you want and spend all your time enjoying them.

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  13. phil1db

phil1db Senior Member

Beatles White Album mega 100th Anniversary Deluxe Box set - 2068

ted321 likes this.
  14. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Take Me Back to Here. Yeah Baby!

[​IMG]

15. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Only thing wrong with that: the picture you posted is of the 1987 CD release HMV box- don't buy that. This is what you want:

[​IMG]

Mylene, ted321 and Mainline461 like this.
  16. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Oh and for Buying Vinyl Records, I would like to go back to 1973 to get a UK 1st Edition of 'Quadrophenia'-The Who, and all Bowie UK 1st Editions from 1968 up through 1980( Space Oddity thru Scary Monsters), then get all of the Pink Floyd Albums up through 'Animals', and then the first 5 Roxy Music Albums.

Jump to the 1990s to buy all The Doors DCC Vinyl Titles and Elton John-'Madman Across the Water' DCC Vinyl.

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  17. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

C'mon.

Somebody's got to go vinyl shopping with a teenage Adolph Hitler, and then kill him.

Right?

ted321 likes this.
  18. jamiesjamies

jamiesjamies Forum Resident

I’d go back to 1954 to buy 3 particular records. UK issues of the doo wop singles “Gee” by the Crows, “Sh-boom” by the Chords and “Earth Angel” by the Penguins, on 45, not 78! These records have always fascinated me as, in the UK in 1954, 45s were relatively new and not many people will have heard of these US doo wop groups. Who bought them? How many were pressed? Were they special order. The story behind these early rock and roll classics, from the UK perspective, really intrigues me!

Phil Tate likes this.
  19. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

From what I understand, the stereo gold label PPM was only available through mail order (original stereo copies not being available to buy in shops). So you might need to hang around a while. And secure a delivery address...

20. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

I think I'd go back and find out once and for all if the 'padded sleeve' promo Satanic Majesties LP really exists...

21. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Vinyl? In 1902-1908???

22. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

You've got a time machine. Take him to the 60s.

23. Dr. Luther's Assistant

I apologize for taking liberties with some factual details in the Time Travel Thread.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    DrewMeyer and intv7 like this.
  24. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Factual liberties aside, are you sure that the result of your suggestion wouldn't be worse for the world?

Not for this thread (or any on this forum) but it’s thought provoking..........

25. Dr. Luther's Assistant

I have no stance on the matter. It was merely a comedic riff on a standard, overplayed answer for a "Time Travel Scenario".

And when you have to explain a (supposed) joke, it really takes the fun out of it...

:shtiphat:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    John B likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.