Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

SH Spotlight I'm asked stuff: Favorite mastering engineer, best BOSTON CD, best TRAVELING WILBURYS CD, etc..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Mastering Engineer Your Host Thread Starter

It can a bit, Yes.

noirbar likes this.
  2. Steve Hoffman

And that dumpy, dreadful added Radio Recorders echo chamber, only added on their stereo reductions. The monos are free of it.

RZangpo2, sunspot42 and MLutthans like this.
  3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Steve

I have been meaning to ask for awhile, but was wondering, since you Remastered The Cars Self Titled Debut on CD for DCC, was there any possibility around that time that you were asked to also Remaster ‘Candy-O’ which I like equally to their Debut Album, and also ‘Panorama’ and ‘Shake It Up’?

I know you Remastered ‘Heartbeat City’ for AF, so the same question would be if those other 3 Cars Albums were ever considered for your Remastering any of them for the AF Label?

sunspot42 likes this.
  4. RZangpo2

RZangpo2 Forum Know-It-All

Thanks for the info!

5. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Hi Steve, I believe you have mentioned in the past that you have gotten the opportunity to do some work at Sunset Sound Recorders. Any interesting stories you can share regarding your experiences there? Thanks!

6. Steve Hoffman

Beautiful women, lots of good food, good vibes. A great place to hang out..

7. Steve Hoffman

The Cars were not giant sellers in the Audiophile world. Love that band! The original LP's sound much better than the old CD's do, that's for sure.

8. Steve Hoffman

Barbara bump! Loved her.

9. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

Would you ever want to do a"Golden Age Of Underground Radio" (Vol 3,4,ect...) if given the opportunity again or was that one can of worms cleaning up the Airchecks(DJ dialogue,commercials,song IDs,ect) to use? I cannot emphasize how awesome Vol 1 & 2 are. Priceless journey into my youthful past:agree:

10. Dok

Dok Forum Resident

Steve, do you have something up your sleeve? ;)

11. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Forum Resident

I've been listening since the inception, and for me, they have stood the test of time. In fact, I appreciate them a bit more now than when I was a lot younger.

12. Steve Hoffman

It's the licensing of the songs that's the hard part. Fun to work on though.

hodgo and Natvecal. like this.