Integrated amp/receiver for the bedroom

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dan, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm trying to justify putting something in my budget to replace an old Sony receiver in my bedroom. I REALLY like what I have seen review-wise of the Marantz PM-7200:

http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=2766 (the review on the Marantz site is hard to link to)

I have a nice Proton tuner that has sat idle for about three+ years now. I originally wanted to find a Pioneer Elite A-35 integrated amp (about $150-$200) but everytime I tried to order one they were sold out or backordered.

Any comments/ideas??

2. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

I have a Linn Classik in my private office that I really like-one box CDP, tuner,receiver. I've often thought it would be perfect for the bedroom. Kind of pricey, but reasonable on the used market.

3. EricF

EricF Well-Known Member

I had a Marantz PM-7000 for about six months. It sounded great at higher volume levels, but didn't sound like anything special at moderate to lower levels. Take a look at the NAD 320bee and Cambridge Audio 540 for comparisons sake.

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Whatever you do, take a look at NAD integrateds. I have the older C 350 and C 370 in my systems and love them. You may be able to get a good deal on one of them used. Also look at their replacements, the C 352 and C 372, and the less expensive C 320BEE. All three amps have gotten good reviews. The C 320BEE has gotten particularly high praise in print and on the Internet as an excellent budget integrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.