integrated amp with main in or ht bypass ?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by kjhawkm, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjhawkm

kjhawkm Forum Resident Thread Starter

i am considering the following set up and would like some help figuring it out. my ht system as it stands right now consists of a pioneer vsx-1015tx and pioneer dvd player. connected to this is an energy take 5.2 system with an m&k subwoofer. as it stands right now the receiver is also on music duty (unfortunately). i care much more about music than i do for ht. i am happy with my ht performance but am looking to add a dedicated 2 channel system within this setup (multiple setups or multiple speakers are not an option). my analog front end is a rega p2 with a grado ph-1 phono pre-amp. this will be the basis of my 2 channel setup.

so from the research i have done, i gather i can get a nice intergrated amp (i'm thinking along the lines of arcam, etc) that can do double duty for my rega and also power my l/r mains for ht via the preouts of my pioneer. to do this i would use ht bypass mode (or so i understand) so the integrated's volume control does not come into play. my question is though, how do i incorporate my m&k subwoofer into this setup. as i stands right now, the sub is connected via the .1 out from my pioneer. i guess i could switch to low pass speaker level inputs from the new integrated to the m&k and then from the their wire the mains via the high pass speaker out from the m&k. i would also have to set my pioneer to large spkrs with out a dedicated subwoofer and transfer all bass information from the center channel to the mains. this is not my preferred set up however. is there any way to use the line level ins on the m&k with the integrated. i noticed some of the nad integrateds had 2 pre-outs. thanks for any input, kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.