Interesting Vinyl Purchase From Acoustic Sounds

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Myke, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Hotel California has been a BIG favorite album since it's release in late 1976. After joining this forum in 2010, I bought so many different versions, both digital, and vinyl. Then a few years back, I sold quite a bit of my duplicate copies, keeping only my DCC vinyl, and gold CD, and DVD-A.

Last week, I decided to get the Bernie Grundman cuts of On The Border, Hotel, and The Long Run, before they're gone for good. Friday, when my bulletproof box arrived, I opened it to find 2 of the 3 sporting the expected small, gold hype sticker, but Hotel had the round, silver RTI hype sticker, and I knew from previously owning a copy, it was the 2009 Kevin Gray cut. After thinking about it for a while, I decided to keep it, and ordered again, this time from Bull Moose, who I asked to double-check, before shipping, which they didn't (checking their messages after shipping out), but choosing as their free shipping option, Priority, which means I rec'd my copy today, and yes, it's the BG. I also got an interesting e mail from Acoustic Sounds :

Dear Mike,
    Thank you for your email.

We apologize for the mix up. It is very odd that you received the older Kevin Gray cut as that has been out of print for quite some time. Our inventory records indicate that we sold our last copy in 2014 but it appears that somehow an older copy got mixed into our inventory on the current version. (which was released in 2015).

We did check all of our remaining stock and have determined that all the rest are the new BG version.

Once again, we apologize for sending the wrong version. Thank you for being a valued Acoustic Sounds customer!

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please reply to this email.

All the best,
    Acoustic Sounds, Inc.

5 years from 2014 to 2019. I doubt they didn't sell a single copy in that time, so it's really strange that I should be the one to get the last KG. But now, I have a story to go along with my 6 copies of Hotel. :laugh:

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member

That is odd. I mean how many copies of such a release do they stock that it could get mixed in?

Anyway, Myke do you have a favorite version of this album?

Myke likes this.
  3. Myke

Steve's DCC is smooth, and well balanced. Legendary.
    Kevin's is also smooth, with a little oomph to the bottom end.
    The Bernie brings the drums, and bass more forward than the other two, but so, so subtly...also why I love his work so much.

No favorite, just all loved, like the DVD-A...phew. 5.1 w/a fat bottom. The DCC CD, and the 40th anniversary set, loved as well. 6 copies, as I said, is actually a lot less than the number I used to have. :hide: - Mike

4. Myke

Also get a kick out of the alternate poster in the 2015 BG :

[​IMG]

5. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

MYKE, when I first read your post I was ready to place an order! I have been searching for the KG version to no avail! Congrats on your copy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.