IPOD iTunes settings

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by rpd, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpd

rpd Senior Member Thread Starter

What's best re setting the "burning" values re "gap between songs" Is that what is putting gaps between tracks on my live cd's on my IPOD???

2. Another Side

Another Side Senior Member

For burning set the gap between songs to 2 seconds, but if there are some songs that blend into one another iTunes doesn't have a solution to that. I would use a different program if you are dealing with those kind of issues or set the gap to 0 seconds, which may or may not be a good solution.

This is different than the gap between songs on your iPod. There is nothing you can do about the gaps. Essentially it is a hardware issue. The hard drive takes about a quarter of a second to switch songs. The only thing you can do is to rip the songs as one. I did this with Sgt Pepper/With a Little Help the other day. It sounds great, but it does combine the two songs into one. I don’t think this is much of a solution. I can’t start listening to With a Little Help if I want to, I have to listen to all of Sgt Pepper first. In the case of a live album it would combine all the songs into one long song. This is definitely something that needs to be worked on.

3. brstp

brstp Active Member

There is nothing you can do about the gaps. Essentially it is a hardware issue.

Yeah, it sucks. :( Not that I'm planning on giving mine away any time soon, though...

4. castle bravo

castle bravo Forum Resident

I think that is a setting for putting gaps between songs when you are burning a cd using itunes. I don't think it has any effect on the Ipod itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.