Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast 2018/2019 tour*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Neonbeam, Nov 13, 2017.

1. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Really?

check out. Blackwater Holylight, L7, Bikini Kill, Sleater Kinney, Surfbot, the Slits, The Runaways. Kim Gordon, St. Vincent. Etc…

also, here is a video of some current all female metal bands

2. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

The Iron Maidens :) and of course many others as others have said. Saw the Iron Maidens a couple of months ago and loved that they did Alexander the Great to troll the real Maiden.

3. Rockhead

Rockhead Forum Resident

It might have been me having an off night as well ;) There are many facotrs that contribute to the overall enjoyment at a show and aren't directly connected to the performance itself: initial expectations, company, atmosphere at a venue, sound quality, etc. My friends liked the gig, but I was a bit disappointed.
    As for Bruce's vocal, I'm quite sure he's unable to properly sing some of Maiden's classic songs anymore. It's been increasingly evident since 2019. However, there are enough songs suitable for Bruce's current voice, it's just a question of an appropriate setlist.

For clarity: when I said "girl band" I meant bands like Spice Girls, not The Runaways. I thought the meaning of the term was quite obvious.

4. AngusStanley

AngusStanley Forum Resident

It was.

Rockhead likes this.
  5. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

sorry but all this is ********.
    i was at that gig. second row. and i also had earplugs.
    no disrespect to you, but perhaps your gae, lack of earplugs and the heavy rain, clouded your judgement?
    i met many friends that have been in most of the gigs this year.
    everyone agreed this was the best gig of the tour so far.
    sound was great.
    maiden were having a great time .you could see the smiles in their faces.
    they played extremely well. ive seen them 18 times and this was by far the best.
    Bruce's voice was excellent. you cant be serious my friend.

the only thing i agree with you was that the crowd was lame.
    this was an amazing concert. i am sorry you felt, the way you say

6. Rockhead

Rockhead Forum Resident

Perception of a live performance is always an individual thing. If you were so excited at that show - good for you. I wasn't. I already admitted that no earplugs was my mistake which largely spoiled the experience. Calm audience and lack of atmosphere didn't help.
    As for Bruce's voice and Maiden's energy on stage, there's plenty of videos from that gig on YouTube, so everyone can judge for themselves. For example:

This was your 18th Maiden concert and it was by far the best? May I ask when did you see them live for the first time?

ArpMoog likes this.
  7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

8. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary Thread Starter

Just returned from their Berlin gig and loved it. I was super perplexed when they suddenly played "Iron Maiden". After what felt like 45 minutes. :whistle:

Zero voice problems on Bruce's part, a great atmosphere and lovely weather.

Bonus points for Airbourne who really put on one hell of a show. This absolutely wasn't "support act" material, they totally captured the place.

9. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

first time was september 1995 during the x factour

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Rockhead

Rockhead Forum Resident

OK, so I assume you also saw Maiden in the 2000s. Was Prague 2022 really better than any of the previous concerts you attended?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

well actually yes. thats why o said those things. significantly better. second best show i saw them was in bucharest 2013. 3rd best must have been in 2005 in athens. and then probably the 1995 show as it was my frist. it was special

Matthew Tate and RiRiIII like this.
  12. Rockhead

Rockhead Forum Resident

Fair enough. It seems that we have completely different demands and expectations.

slipkid, porotikos and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yesterday in Athens, Greece there was yet again problems with flares (similar to what happened in in Athens, Greece 1999 and I posted it here: Iron Maiden Song By Song Thread ):

I won't be posting the dialogue here as it contains harsh, rude words.
    Bruce goes away for while and the guys keep playing the whole time, then Bruce comes back
    Seems that in some recent shows Bruce has had problems with the timing, he surely would need in-ear monitors or something to fix it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  14. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Some comments regarding the flare-thing:
    Just thinking that Bruce suffocated from the smoke of this flare. Bruce had a throat cancer 7 years ago and that the flares are made of toxic chemicals which are dangerous for human health. And Bruce has, on the recommendation of his doctors, to take care of his voice and health, especially of his throat.

15. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Two flares lit up = Bruce's temper engaged

CBackley likes this.
  16. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Did you look what caused that temper?
    Look what I posted in the post before you:

17. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

So he insults the whole audience with a hot headed racist slur? Bruce is the heavy metal Morrissey now?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

He did drop wrong word there but I bet he was so angry and upset, he should have had time to think more and use more proper word targeted only to the person with the flare.
    This has caused somewhat havoc on different forums and social media..so as usual it will be getting out of hand what people now think of this whole thing.
    Anyways, I hope that the person who lighted the flare is happy and very proud of what he accomplished. These things and similar have happened before.
    Seriously, I never liked these flares being used anywhere but some countries seem to have tradition of bringing them to every possible occasion even if they aren't allowed.

mikedifr0923 and Neonbeam like this.
  19. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Now they'll NEVER play Alexander The Great...

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Did you watch the clip I posted? the flares weren't set off that close to the stage. Clearly they would have been visible from the bands perspective, not sure it warranted that kind of vitriol from Bruce.

21. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

He might have had small amount of smoke inhaled which alerted him (knowing that it would probably increase) and I wouldn't think he would make this for nothing, as there are other incidents (lasers, flares and other stupid things) that harmed their performances previous tours.
    I think that kind of action must be stopped right when it starts and there's no reason hush this around. In the 1999 Athens show it was remarkable that even if Bruce gave speech about not using flares at all (as the smoke got to stage making it hard to breath air) right when the next song started then another flare got lighted.

mikedifr0923 likes this.
  22. EndorphinMachine

EndorphinMachine Forum Resident

I'll cut him some slack for being upset by something that seems minor to us, cancer is no joke.
    But there's not excuse for those words.

supernaut and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some photos from my seat yesterday in Athens...

slipkid and Deuce66 like this.
  24. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

This is difficult matter but Im following closely the reports and comments from those that were there yesterday.
    Seriously, based on the various witness comments, footage and other stuff, Bruce has behaved strangely during some shows on this tour.

25. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

Could you imagine Mick Jagger behaving like this? He’s out of of order, he needs to get a grip of himself, he’s supposed to be a professional, Harris should have a word.

Matthew Tate likes this.