Iron Maiden "Nights Of The Dead, Legacy Of The Beast: Live In Mexico City" Live album 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kiss73, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident Thread Starter

We have a small HMV about 20 miles away that is next to useless. Next nearest if about 50 miles away, so not very convenient.

2. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Initial listen, this is much better album than the previous Live Chapter, however I still find the 3 guitars to be a bloody noise compared to the finesse of the Smith/Murray years. Bruce sounds pretty decent to be fair. He does a grand job being heard over the racket.

Of course I use to listen to Iron Maiden when in the gym, but that's shut, so I will play it twice and it will sit on the shelf.

Reading the sleeves though....Rod Smallwood says "We decided to bring this live CD to you now as a thanks for your unswerving support". This sounds like it should be free. Not taking money off me Rod!!.

Sean, slipkid, Doggiedogma and 2 others like this.
  3. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

I agree I don't think Janick is playing half the time because it just isn’t needed. Adrian really hold the rhythm down tight, while Dave can just solo brilliantly in his sleep.

slipkid, Doggiedogma and Davidmk5 like this.
  4. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Not that Janick isn't talented, but yeah, Smith and Murray are the men when it comes to Maiden guitar.

5. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I used to love his work , past few maiden albums , Black country Communion stuff , last journey I didn't like the sound of any of those ...... It's certainly possible , to me it seems he's losing his hearing ? I do like the sound of this live album in it being just that Live :righton:

6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

there are a few spots where there is triple harmonies going on that are pretty messy & i kept thinking why doesn't Janick just play Rhythm guitar there .......

slipkid likes this.
  7. wdiv

wdiv Forum Resident

Bruce is nearly unintelligible on Where Eagles Dare

8. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades It's only my opinion

I said I wouldn't buy this ... and I haven't. But I heard it yesterday and what's with the crowd noise. In places it sounds really processed and digitised? Admittedly I'm listening on mp3 but its very noticeable compared to the music (which as I expected sounds exactly the same as any other IM live album ).

Edit: Except Live After Death because that is fantastic

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Davidmk5 likes this.
  9. Ghost of Ziggy

I bought that 1990-2015 vinyl box set so not getting it eventually will be kinda hard

10. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Why are they not doing video releases to coincide with these albums anymore? I would rather have a Bluray of this and the Book of Souls tour than the CD's.

serj likes this.
  11. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I've read that some think the crowd is fake ? I have to admit it didn't bother me & i didn't notice listening to all of the vinyl last night ....... it certainly sounds a bit strange on the youtube clip above ?

12. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

It is the first Maiden release I will not be getting... to hell with the collection it just seems so unnecessary we have better live versions of these songs already :shrug:

13. Ghost of Ziggy

just strikes me as cheap and they can’t be bothered anymore.

artfromtex likes this.
  14. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member

I want the Matter Of Life And Death tour too ....

I really don't understand why they didn't release something from this tour. The album is magnificent ...

15. MrEWhite

MrEWhite Forum Resident

He doesn't sound as good as he used to, but I can understand him fine :sigh:

RickSanchez likes this.
  16. RickSanchez

RickSanchez Well-Known Member

I remember reading years ago that they were going to release a live album and video from that tour and then it never happened. Never heard why it hasn't happened. There is a radio broadcast of a show floating around out there.

slipkid and danielbravo like this.
  17. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Forever unsurpassed.

18. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I admire your strength! The most I've managed this time around is not pre-ordering. :laugh:

Baby steps. :pleased:

OE3 and Maidenpriest like this.
  19. Ghost of Ziggy

I think it was filmed at donnington, but it was when they added a few more classic songs. I saw the original show at Dublin.

coffeetime likes this.
  20. Maidenpriest

spend your money are something else it's not essential, how often will you listen to it once maybe twice ??

21. Maidenpriest

yes it was i was there, total **** up by Maiden standards Bruce slipped and the intro tape to No. Beast failed to play !!

Ghost of Ziggy likes this.
  22. samantas5855

samantas5855 Forum Resident

No no, he sounds awesome, just not on Mexico. Bruce was sick
    Donnington was filmed afaik but there was some problems with flags or something blinding the camera, anyways the webcast is available from this show so no problem, the problem is this that this leg is the one they didn't play the full album, the Ulevi 2006 bootleg is the best we can get

23. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I know. It's a sickness. :help:

24. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Wait. They've released the recording of a concert from a night on which Bruce was ill? Is that correct?

25. samantas5855

samantas5855 Forum Resident

They had programmed to record this one from long ago