Is another thread about Led Zeppelin II RL (Bob Ludwig pressing) really necessary!*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ZootAllures, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightmoves

nightmoves Forum Resident

:thumbsup: At this point that's my favorite copy

2. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

No way. Have both and the RL is the king of the hill.

3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

There is another RL LZ II thread with beautiful pictures of stone mint examples.

I would have liked to see that one bumped back to the top here with new comments added.

But that's just me, and I'm a visual type.

ok, never mind.

4. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

I literally just discovered yesterday that I have TWO copies in my possession. Both VG++

One was bought for $10 about three years back and the other for $15 this past year, both at local used record shops.

They are out there people!

5. gramfan

gramfan Forum Resident

just got one online for 20 bucks!!!.....been looking for one forever!!!

6. TLMusic

TLMusic Musician & record collector

7. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Here's a question. Which one is this?

ST-A-691671-M
    ST-A-691672-Q

There's something that looks like a LW if it's sideways, don't really know...

8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

:thumbsup:

9. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I just picked on up for $20 at my local record store.
    Sounds great

10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I have had a hard time finding any pressing of this album where "Thank You" plays without some kind of surface noise/inner groove distortion.

I have a Nippon Grammophon pressing of this album that rocks hard, but "Thank You" has some issues.

11. Not wanting to go off topic, but your profile lists a Rega Bias 2 cartridge; I would guess that upgrading to something with a Shibata/Fine Line/Microline based stylus may help with your inner grooves...

As you were. :wave:

12. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I picked up a VG copy last week at a local shop for $8, so affordable copies are still out there. The one I got had the gold record sticker on the jacket so make sure to check those too.

FWIW, it sounds good, but in reality, it's on par with the original CD. Less surface noise on the original CD too. :)

13. Greg(ory)

Greg(ory) Some Stupid With A Space Gun

I have both and I agree :agree: The 200 sounds great, don't get me wrong, but the RL is one of my favorite sounding records; it's got gigantic bollocks

14. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Find a better copy, it should blow away any cd copy that you may have.
    Mine is a VG+, paid $25 (after asking the seller to "check for little RL's in the runoff...") - it's crazy dynamic sounding.

15. KeninDC

KeninDC Hazy Cosmic Jive

I just listened to my "RL" LZ II on Saturday night again. I do this every fall when the, ummm, leaves are falling on the ground.

It deserves all the praise that it gets. It is massive, crunchy, and dynamic. It is so utterly mind-blowing that I'm almost afraid to play it because all other music in the universe pales in comparison to this slab of wax.

If you dig LZ and hang out on this site, you really really owe it to yourself to listen to a copy.

16. hard to find in my area. any zeppelin albums in used stores usually go between 15 and 25 dollars regardless of their pressing qualities. i'm hoping to find one at the record fair on saturday but i'll pay a fortune for VG or better.

17. attym

attym Forum Resident

Define a fortune...

18. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Yeah, I love my Rega RP-1, but the Bias 2 isn't the improvement over the stock cartridge that I hoped it would be. I'm ready to take the next step up and maybe get a whole new table a level or two up from what I've got now.

19. greg_t

greg_t Senior Member

I'm looking for a VG+ copy was well if anyone is interested in selling. See my post in the classified section.

20. buckeye1010

buckeye1010 Zephead Buckeye

You got that right! I've been through 4 copies total. I got two nice lookin ones (you can see the pics in that other thread) - I only wish they sounded as good as they look, during the quiet passages!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.