Is Anyone Having Problems with Goldwave on Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Grower of Mushrooms, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grower of Mushrooms

Grower of Mushrooms Omnivorous mammalian bipedal entity. Thread Starter

I use Goldwave for recording needle drops. I record the LP end to end as a single Wav, then repair scratches and chop up into individual tracks, and convert them to whatever format.

Trouble is, a few days ago I started getting messages from Goldwave when trying to open the WAV that it doesn't recognise them. Crazy, since it created them in the first place.

When it gets into that state it won't recognise any WAV file.

Closing and restarting Goldwave doesn't help. Rebooting the PC doesn't work.

I installed the latest version of Goldwave for Windows. It opened 1 WAV file then reverted to this state.

There's nothing wrong with any of the WAV files. They play perfectly in Foobar2000

Does anyone have any clue?

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Try using the compatibility wizard with Windows 7. Hit the windows key and type "run programs made for previous versions of windows". At some point it should appear as a selection.

Grower of Mushrooms likes this.
  3. RiCat

RiCat Forum Resident

windows recently did one of its global updates that changed some system files to current versions. If you updated it may have broken links to drivers. I suggest you do a clean install. Remove the program search and remove any file folders ..the usual reboot and reinstall. Only if the compatibility change does not fix it.

4. Zatoichi

Zatoichi Forum Resident

Yep .. update your drivers. Windows update screwed up a couple audio programs I use. Sound Card Driver update fixed it.

5. Grower of Mushrooms

Grower of Mushrooms Omnivorous mammalian bipedal entity. Thread Starter

An update, in case anyone is interested. The latest version of Goldwave v6.36 seems to have fixed it.

6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I'm still using Goldwave version 4.26. And it works on Win 10 just fine so far. I tried a newer version and did not like the functional changes and different ways to do an edit. I then moved to recording with a Tascam recorder and dragging my files via USB into the PC for editing and it's seems I'm even less inclined to find an upgrade useful.

So I am no longer recording with Goldwave, just fast edits, fades, file splitting. And I am happy that I can and do 24/96 and 24/192 files (as well as 16/44) with no problems.

I do like the software very much and have used it for 15 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.