Is there a complete list of Wrecking Crew Songs?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WillieMojo, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillieMojo

WillieMojo Forum Resident Thread Starter

Complete might be impossible… any help will be most appreciated.

2. Ricko

Ricko Forum Resident

Hell no.

They started playing together as a very loose aggregation years before Spector and Gold Star. The only thing they had in common is that they all were union guys, and the contractor was usually one of them. Carol Kaye has kept records of all her sessions, but her imagination has been know to get the best of her memories.

In terms of hard records, the only reliable documentation is what's logged for individuals with Local 47 of the Musician's Union, and creating a "Wrecking Crew" discography would involve collation of an arbitrary minimum number of musicians who were together for any given 3-hour session over at least ten years. And then there's unpaid sessions and cash-under-the-table sessions. The Crew as "Phil's Regulars" were 35 usual suspects, and that's not including guys like Plas Johnson, Jerry Riopelle, Perry Botkin Jr and Gene Page.

They say if you see a job that needs doing then that's your next job! So there: all you need is a database and somebody friendly at the Union and half a lifetime of free time! Let us know when you're up & running & I'll host the complete Wrecking Crew discography for free if I'm still alive! :)

WillieMojo, starduster and rxcory like this.
  3. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Try Hal Blaine's website for a good start.

WillieMojo and starduster like this.
  4. WillieMojo

They say if you see a job that needs doing then that's your next job! So there: all you need is a database and somebody friendly at the Union and half a lifetime of free time! Let us know when you're up & running & I'll host the complete Wrecking Crew discography for free if I'm still alive! :)

Most definitely a job that needs doing. Thx for the reply Ricko.

Ricko likes this.
  5. WillieMojo

I was hoping for something with more then the hits but thx for the relply Bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.