Is there anyway to do odds and ends comps through this forum?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

The Ice Magazine forum does it but I hate going there because it hurts my eyes (I don't like the confusing way it is set up) and I know some members here work with people on the the Ice website on these comps so is there anyway to set up our own odds and ends CD compilations?

I think between the over 2,000 members here we have pretty much everything that was ever recorded.

I don't know...just a thought....

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Good idea! Besides, there is so much crap going on at ICE due to a certain individual who was banned here that I don't care to wade through it anymore.

3. sgraham

sgraham New Member

I don't know what this means ("odds and ends comps"), please explain.

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

We all have quite a bit of music in our collections, but I don't think it would be a good idea to initiate trades here. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but trading music publically is against the forum rules.

Just wanted to make sure you're aware of that.... Sorry...

5. Mike

Mike New Member

An odds and ends comp is when everyone throws in their b-sides, rare tracks, etc. and makes a comp. :)

6. bartels76

So we wouldn't be able to what the ICE forum does at all? Even if it was out-of print stuff and there is no $$ exchanged?

7. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Sounds like "file sharing" the old-fashioned way.

mud-

8. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Yes, that is correct. The Forum rules state 'no CD-R trading'.....sorry! For obvious reasons, we cannot allow such activity.

Thanks!

Bob:)

9. bartels76

I'm not sticking up for ICE whatsoever (I don't even post there) but the ICE forum has been doing this for quite a while and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I don't want to give away free burned copies of the St. Anger album. I would just like to fill in the gaps of some of my collections with out of print/rare (non-bootleg) materials that you can't find anywhere that someone here in the forum might have.
    I'll drop it if this is a big no-no for some reason. I haven't read up on the forum rules, maybe I'll do that now (slow day at work).

10. Sckott

No. Although making CDRs is a lot of fun, unfortunately using this forum to do such a thing is against RIAA laws of copyright (ASCAP/BMI and others) as well as ethics.

If you wish to involve yourself, I would suggest other media boards, Usenet and Ice.

This is a forum that attracts a lot of eyes in the music business, and not only do we want to comply with professional standards of the music business, but we strive to make it a safe haven for all things, compliant in how Steve conducts relationships with the labels co-directly and indirectly.

There are rules in which redistribution of any media under copyright, once misused, is fine-able or can lead to FBI investigations. While you may see these rules loosened and not adhered to on Usenet and other places on the net, this forum MUST be safe, healthy and legal.

We hope you understand how these things work and why we must adhere to these matters.

Please do not use this forum for trading, copying and distribution of copyright material, and this also USUALLY includes out-of-print material.

Thanks, everyone.

11. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Perhaps this thread should be deleted?

12. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

RIAA...always has to be a party pooper.

13. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

No. Leave it as a friendly reminder about how it works around here. Some memories are kinda short, apparently.

ED:cool:

14. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Hi ED, it's a good thread for newer members too.

mud-

15. Sckott

IMHO, no. It was a warranted question, and we don't want anyone to misconstrue that ASKING the question is reason to BONK a thread.

Nothing wrong with asking questions. I personally don't think that should be frowned upon.

Ed's immediate idea is also very true.... We all forget sometimes :)

16. bartels76

:thumbsup:

17. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Good word Ed...thanks for the advice. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.