iTunes volume level vs. Spotify

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by RickH, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts Thread Starter

I have noticed that the iTune app’s volume level is lower than Spotify’s on my iPhone when listening via Bluetooth to my car radio. I’m comparing tunes I’ve ripped from discs to ALAC files versus Spotify streaming music. To get a decent level when listening to iTunes, my radio’s volume is fully cranked, then I switch over to Spotify and have to turn the volume down by about 30%. Anyone else noticed this? Would there be any remedy to getting iTunes’ level higher? (phone volume level is also all the way up for both apps). (Edit: perhaps the issue is about the volume level of the discs I ripped...I need to try some current recordings and report back :p)

2. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

I don't use the built in music app on my iPhone. I downloaded Onkyo's HF Player which is way better in my opinion. ‎Onkyo HF Player - Hi-Res Music
    Maybe just try a different music playing app.

RickH likes this.
  3. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts Thread Starter

Cool, it accesses my iTunes playlists and tracks, plus has an EQ. Thanks man!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  4. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Keep in mind that 3rd party music apps with custom EQs, do not update play counts.

RickH likes this.
  5. vwestlife

vwestlife Forum Resident

vinnn and GetHappy!! like this.
  6. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

For some reason overall sound level on Spotify...when I stream from my devices, smartphone or tablet via chromecast, is lower now in the last month or so. I'm not normalizing playback via site settings, so there there should be a lot of variation in sound levels between differing sources. The same material that I have on CD compared to the same edition on the site is much louder now, whereas before it was comparable. What's going on?

7. vinnn

vinnn Forum Resident

Have you got normalisation enabled in Spotify? Try turning that off.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.