I've become a "computer audiophile"!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by jh901, Jun 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident Thread Starter

No, they aren't. Or shouldn't be. I spent a little extra for SSD, but those prices should come down. Like I mentioned, DSF files are quite large. I have no concern at all as far as primary and backup storage. No one should, really.

Anyhow, I hope we can attract a few more audiophiles here. There's a lot of great gear out there now for those thinking about testing the waters. All price ranges.

My stereo is quite good as a result of covering all the bases, to some degree, from acoustic treatment to power conditioning. I didn't want to take a step back on the transition away from physical optical disc. Mission accomplished. Now, if I had a world beater analog set up, then I'd have to step it up a bit. Of course, I'll be doing that anyhow at some point!

2. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Please drop it.

The straw man isn't working. No one stated that metadata didn't matter.
    Of the two of us, I am the one who has a high end digital front end. I'm the one who set up my own music server. I've ripped over a thousand CDs recently. The tagging is pretty much what any dBpoweramp user has.

If you need advice improving your digital and moving into a computer front end, then chime in and I'll help out.

3. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Thanks for the offer. Been in the industry for almost 40 years.

New arrivals findings are interesting, of course, but offer little of additional value. Enjoy your fun, but lecture elsewhere. Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.