IVolume has lost my groups!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ZenArcher, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenArcher

ZenArcher Senior Member Thread Starter

Hoping I can get some help with the iVolume app for applying RMS level adjustment to my to my iTunes tracks. Opening it up today, it’s as if I’ve never run the program. Every track in my 2 terabyte library shows as unscanned, and my “Already Adjusted” group is gone. I’m trying to avoid rescanning my entire library.

Anyone had this issue and solved it? Any clue how to reload my groups? I reached out to the developer with no response.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

2. Robert Goodison

Robert Goodison Never, ever, bloody anything ever!

mani.de – iVolume – listen to music hands-free

Help, iVolume 3.8.0 lost all my fancy settings and previous analyzation results!
    For the Music app on macOS Catalina iVolume for Mac had to change the way how it reads the music library. Furthermore iVolume always supported multiple libraries and differences them by an identifier. However, by using the new method to read the libraries, all identifiers have changed, so iVolume sees “new” libraries since version 3.8.0.
    If you are an advanced user, you can rename your old file containing your previous settings and results to the name of the new one. The files are stored in
    ~/Library/Application Support/de.ivolume.mac/de.ivolume.IDENTIFIER.plist
    You may look at their modification dates to identify the right ones. Please quit iVolume before making these modifications.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  3. ZenArcher

ZenArcher Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks, but I’m on High Sierra - but, I will check out the identifier settings, might work. Not going anywhere near Catalina until they fix the iOS Remote app to work with the Music app.

4. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

it should, with the new version, it should do that action on 1st start, regardless of OS version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.