Jeff Tweedy - Warm (2018)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Graham, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

How much were these in stores?

2. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I paid $21.99 for mine.

3. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

Will probably at least see a CD release.

4. Also I am second row centre for a Jeff Tweedy solo show in Sydney next month.Maybe I could call out a request for general CD and vinyl release?
    On second thoughts maybe not.

5. funknik

funknik He who feels it.

I agree. However they labeled it as ‘RSD Exclusive’ so if they did re-press some it would be false advertising.

6. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Warmer is better.

7. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Has that ever stopped anything?:cheers:

8. FingerPickin'Triumph

FingerPickin'Triumph Forum Resident

I'm just really bummed I missed getting the Tweedy Warmer record... time to wait and hope for a re-release. Wilco is so good at keeping their discography of vinyl in stock and have had excellent archival releases... they know what their fans want.

bmh5879 likes this.
  9. zither

zither Forum Resident

I managed to get a copy of Warmer and had to contain my excitement in store, thinking they wouldn't still have it. I got even more excited seeing CB in the deadwax. Spinning side one now. Sounds great. The tip on sleeve is a nice touch.

10. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

And what fair pricing is. The combination of quality + price from Wilco is really unmatched these days.

11. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

I just paid a flipper on eBay. I hate doing that but this was one of my two must haves. Oh well.

12. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

No, it's no good, I can't figure it out. The what?

13. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Saw Jeff last night at Cincinnati Music Hall.
    A nice intimate crowd and he joked most of the evening with a wedding party.
    When requests were asked for I shouted Pecan Pie and he said no!
    He DID say he had food poisoning for the last couple days, I didn't think about it at the time but maybe that was why he reacted that way (singing about pie probably wasn't on his mind).
    Anyway, a splendid time was had by all and he even did an interesting cover of Meat Puppet's "Plateau".
    He did play "Let's Go Rain" when I asked, but he said he was about to do it anyway :laugh:

Great show and I am loving the new "Warmer" album.
    It's such a personal album, much like Warm.
    Kinda reminds me of Plastic Ono Band in some ways.

rancher, Zeki, budwhite and 2 others like this.
  14. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Does he have the Warmer album available to buy at his merch table?

(my local stores sold out of it immediately)

15. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

no I thought that he would. I read somewhere that he would have them at the Wilco shows this summer. So I'm guessing they're going to repress?

16. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Warmer was a RSD exclusive release so I'm pretty sure they won't repress on vinyl. Perhaps a CD release ?

17. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

That would be lame, as I'm sure he knows he's got way more than 5K fans who would buy that vinyl.

Maybe a double-vinyl set with both albums in one package?

18. Sean Murdock

I'm sure there will be a CD release at some point; even the album they gave away for nothing (Star Wars) got a CD release eventually.
    Jeff and Wilco are very good about keeping their catalog available on vinyl. They know their fanbase, and I'd expect a vinyl re-press at some point. (He probably also wouldn't like seeing fans get gouged on eBay for his album...)
    Yes, I've already dubbed that proposed release Warmed Over ... to very little applause in this thread! :laugh:

mark winstanley likes this.
  19. Phil Tate

Yeah but he would have known that would happen from the off, if it's being described as RSD exclusive. If there is going to be a repress, why not make that known asap, given that fans are paying between £50 and £100 right now?

Sean Murdock likes this.
  20. tap

tap Forum Resident

Who knows, but according to this article:
    https://variety.com/2019/music/news/record-store-day-lineup-dylan-prince-floyd-and-the-introduction-of-the-3-inch-single-1203151988/
    there may be some copies sold at Wilco's Solid Sound Festival in June.

As a big Wilco fan, RSD’s Kurtz is particularly excited about Jeff Tweedy’s “Warmer.” “Jeff is releasing an album that’s completely unique for Record Store Day, which I think is one of the few times we’ve done anything quite that amazing — at least it is for me,” Kurtz says. “When he made his last album (‘Warm’), my understanding is he recorded two albums, and one of them was for the general release and one of them was for Record Store Day.” The LP, limited to 5000 copies, will initially be sold only as part of RSD, although the release will also be sold at the annual Wilco-hosted Solid Sound Festival in late June.

21. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

Wow, finally getting around to spinning this today. Blown away. Better than Warm. Just amazing. I hate to say it, but if I didn't get lucky and grab this on RSD I would probably be willing to pay up to get this. Hopefully the prices come down soon, but if this is strictly limited I don't think it'll ever get much lower than $50-60. Especially because fans are going to want to hold onto this.

Very well done all around. I hope those on the lookout can find one within a decent price range - just have some patience.

Jack and Phil Tate like this.
  22. Sean Murdock

All good points, and I don't know why not -- other than maybe THAT version is an RSD exclusive, and maybe after a period of months there will be another pressing, with a different cover or something, that makes the music available to fans at a reasonable cost. At least I hope so.

Phil Tate likes this.
  23. rancher

rancher Unmade Bed

I should have gone down there, love hearing about it though

24. Phil Tate

I see WARMER now has a Wikipedia page which says "Warmer was initially released on vinyl as a Record Store Day exclusive, and will see wider digital release later in 2019". Of course anyone could have written that, but it does sound like a download at the very least is pretty much a certainty.

Sean Murdock and jackinbox like this.
  25. Rainy Taxi

Rainy Taxi The Art of Almost

There will definitely be a wider release of Warmer at some point. Jeff Tweedy has intimated as much during his banter at recent solo shows. There will probably be a Warm/Warmer bundle, and hopefully individual and digital versions as well. It only makes sense — the record means a lot to Tweedy, and I'm sure he wants it to be heard by as many fans as possible.

Neonbeam, funknik and bmh5879 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.