Jeopardy 2024!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Punman, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Punman

Punman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any thoughts on the recent Celebrity Jeopardy that just ended? Although the questions were easier than the regular Jeopardy, I thought that the last few rounds featured some individuals who exhibited at least average to above average intelligence and the final set was entertaining.

2. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

I pretty much stick with the nightly syndicated version. Does anyone know when they will resume standard shows. The champions wildcard and second chance tournaments have been nice, but was just wondering when normal competition would resume.

3. maclen

maclen Senior Member

I really enjoyed Steven Webber on the show. Overall I thought it was good. Of course if I’m answering a fair amount of questions then you know the questions are generally are easier. That being said there were some tough categories. I did get the final jeopardy answer and it was a pretty exciting ending to the game.

4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Sometime in April is what I've read, after they're done with the various upcoming tournaments. All due to the months-long writers strike.

CusBlues likes this.
  5. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Anybody else yell out “Nico!”?

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

yep, amazing that the current crop of contestants are really poor at music categories. "Twiggy"?

And they didn't know a L shaped hex wrench key.

Daniel Plainview and Paul J like this.
  7. CusBlues

I certainly yelled out Nico.

And I've never called an Allen Wrench an L Wrench. I knew what they were after, though.

JohnG and Paul J like this.
  8. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

I've never heard L shaped hex wrench. I've heard hex key and Allen wrench.

MLutthans, Veggie Boy and CusBlues like this.
  9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I did! And then I said to my family (who remained unimpressed), "See that red haired lady? She's my FACEBOOK FRIEND!"

Paul J likes this.
  10. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I enjoy watching Ken's disappointment/mild shock/incredulous facial expressions at easy misses. Especially when it comes to former winners. Quite a few on yesterday's show, Nico being one of them. I also like how he congratulates a correct answer to an obscure question.

aorecords likes this.
  11. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Used to catch them in the coffee houses in the Village back in the day.:hide:

CusBlues and aorecords like this.
  12. JohnG

Final Jeopardy answer today was the Johnny Cash hit "I Walk The Line" which everyone got wrong because they all said Walk The Line. Does Jeopardy have to be that picky?

rudybeet and DISKOJOE like this.
  13. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

I guessed A Boy Named Sue, but before they went to the third contestant, ABC News broke in with a special report.

14. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

I said "Walk the Line" too but as soon as Ken said the first contestant was incorrect I realized the mistake.

Veggie Boy likes this.
  15. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

It just saddens me when people don't know the correct song titles. The movie is called Walk The Line, but the song has always been called I Walk The Line. Figured everybody knew that.

16. CusBlues

I was also shocked that all three had the same answer. I didn't think about the movie cocking things up. That's a good guess as to the reason for the mistake.

MichaelH, forthlin and JohnG like this.
  17. JakeMcD

JakeMcD Forum Resident

I yelled out "L wrench you idiots!"
    My wife dryly replied: "You mean WHAT is an L wrench (pause) you idiot."

MichaelH, JohnG and aorecords like this.
  18. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

I was surprised a couple of new ago, one that the answer to a Coke flavor of Peach had the be qualified to Georgia Peach.

And an old man rant I guess, I can understand not being familiar with the movie Diner, but with the hint of “flipping it over”, didn’t get record lps, or whatever.

DISKOJOE and JohnG like this.
  19. JohnG

:D

MichaelH likes this.
  20. JohnG

‘After seeing all 3 answer the same almost correct answer, I also think the movie influenced them, oh so close.

CusBlues and MichaelH like this.
  21. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

22. CusBlues

Well, evidently the Monday winner, Mira Hayward, made an accidentally dirty gesture after her victory. I didn't pick up on it, at the time, but the linked article (sorry about the ads) describes and show's the gesture. To be honest, I'm not hip enough to know it is dirty, but it's still kind of funny. She was obviously gesturing about her (and the other two contestants) wager, but these days, nothing goes without notice. ;)

"Jeopardy!" fans shocked by contestant's NSFW dance move

23. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

Hahaa! I forgot about that. I didn't think she was trying to be obscene and was gesturing that they all bet zero dollars but I did think it looked a bit dirty.

24. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Well now, here's a first. Ike Barinholtz, who won a million for charity last year on Celebrity Jeopardy will compete on the upcoming Tournament Of Champions set to begin later this week. He airs on Mar. 4th. Guess this means Lisa Walter who won the same title a few weeks ago may just turn up on next year's ToC.

25. CusBlues

Oh, I agree. She was not trying to be obscene. Of course, the large Jeopardy community can't let it slide, though. :laugh:

aorecords likes this.