Jimmy Page says previously unheard Led Zeppelin music will be released for band's 50th anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Not too sure about that... This is Zeppelin not washing machines... People will cut on grocery to get the latest and greatest from that band...

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  2. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Recursive Logic - you introduced the term to this thread, so it's on *you* to explain it, and why it's relevant here. Enlighten us, O Wise One.

You're already dead wrong about 95% of the bonus tracks on the LZ remasters being nothing but rough mixes, so your explanation should be fun. Or not.

3. He hurls around similar rhetoric in other threads too. He apparently subscribes to threads of bands and musicians he dislikes. . . :laugh:

Norco74 likes this.
  4. Norco74

Nice hobby...

5. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

Zeppelin threads always bring out the best in people. SMH

jlf, ti-triodes and tmtomh like this.
  6. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I have wondered the same thing more than once. It sure does seem like the Zep threads get particularly nasty. But there are so many threads at this forum that I'm not sure if that's true, or if there are other artists or thread types that bring out similarly nasty tendencies here.

Blue Note and johnny q like this.
  7. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Try any KISS thread. Or ANY thread here... this forum is known among my circle of friends as the "Steve Hoffman Hate Forums".

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  8. old school

old school Senior Member

The best line I've heard here in awhile. Two others fit this to a tee.

9. Overthehillsandfaraway

Overthehillsandfaraway Forum Resident

All Zep threads (not just on here) seem to attract at least one troll of the "plagiarism / Lori Maddix / etc" variety. It's like people who go on Metallica vids on YouTube to tell us "Lars can't play". There's always one.

ODShowtime and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  10. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

It is rumoured there is a Pontiac video, at least on the Zep forums that is.

I love the set list and the power of the shows from the 1977 tour but not the best for release as Jimmy really struggled that tour.

1975 was better but Robert had boice issues that tour. If I was to bet on it any new live release would be from 1973 or earlier.

11. This is not accurate. This forum is overall one of the most respectful, well moderated and angst free music forums I’ve found online. It really is certain artists and topics that bring out the back-and-forth slagging, and it is fairly limited in scope. Led Zep unfortunately is one of those.

Kassonica, RandelPink, intv7 and 7 others like this.
  12. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Ever been on one of The Doors threads here? Especially the ones that talk about the 50th anniversary releases.

13. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

I have noticed on other sites the Zeppelin threads get down and dirty. It seems to happen all the time. At some point it just devovles onto nastiness. Personally this forum probably is one of the least nasty, thanks to mods stepping in quite a bit.

John Buchanan and tmtomh like this.
  14. Norco74

The Gorts are watching us...

Ok, it gets agitated from time to time but still acceptable.

John Buchanan likes this.
  15. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

It's just weird that someone would try to score points by taking an outdated potshot at a band's million-selling postmortem compilation album.

16. Tree-bot

Tree-bot Senior Member

Do you think that maybe Page wants to bring out the 50th anniversary release at the same time as his new solo album?? :biglaugh:

Hootsmon likes this.
  17. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

And...cutouts. Recently, at a couple of my local indie record shops, I saw cutout originals of Joni's Mingus and Genesis' Abacab. At the time, Joni's album confused the hell out of people, and I don't know if it even went gold. Probably not. The Genesis album was a hit that went multi-platinum in the US and probably did pretty good business in Europe. They were both released within a couple/three years of Coda, and as Mackey notes above, the late '70s/early '80s were not a great time for the industry, especially for some established '70s artists.

From the original album, I still dig Poor Tom, We're Gonna Groove, Wearing And Tearing, and I Can't Quit You.

From the 2015 expanded edition, St. Tristan's Sword, the Bombay tracks, and most of the rough mixes are well worth repeated listenings.

But I'm just a fanboy, so what do I know?

18. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

The disagreements not withstanding, this thread should be closed...what a colossal letdown this 50th anniversary has become. Better chance of getting another Roger Waters solo album.

J_D__, supermd, footlooseman and 3 others like this.
  19. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Technically we're still in the 50th anniversary year, so there might be something out before, say November when it'll be time for LZ II's 50th. But if it was his intention to have something ready for the 50th of the first album's release date...didn't quite work out.

20. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

No, technically we are NOT in the 50th anniversary year. Led Zeppelin declared that year as 2018, not 2019. Every year going forward is going to be the 50th anniversary of some Led Zeppelin album or event, but the 50th anniversary of their formation celebration has come and gone.

Jimmy Page said that previously unheard Led Zeppelin music and 'all manner of surprises' will be released for the band's fiftieth anniversary in 2018 - Led Zeppelin News

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Giorgio and footlooseman like this.
  21. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Since the first album was released in Jan 1969, I was going off of that. But like you said, the 50th anniversary of the band's formation last Oct and of the 1st album have come and gone...and gone with not a ripple being made. At the very least it would've been expected to hear a "Yeah, we were working on something, but it's been delayed because we want to put out the best blah blah blah". But we haven't even gotten that. Would've been better to not say anything at all.

22. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Or any Queen thread, or Kinks, Stones, Beach Boys, etc.

23. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Hi, you must be new here. Welcome to the forum.

24. Hardly, and I stand by what I said.

Dreaddazzman likes this.
  25. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

Just hug your LZ skateboard real hard, and imagine what could have been..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.