Jimmy Page says previously unheard Led Zeppelin music will be released for band's 50th anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moe Schmo

Moe Schmo Forum Resident

I’d say Earls Court is pretty unlikely. They are fairly erratic shows like anything from 75-80. And the best parts have already been used for the DVD.

None of Southampton has been released before so that in itself makes it a chance.

I hope it’s neither of the above though. There are more interesting candidates.

2. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

I remember before the re-masters were released, Page was touting the bonus material like it was a treasure trove.

DrBeatle and Instant Dharma like this.
  3. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Knebworth II is mostly awful. The first show has some good/decent stuff, but most of it is out already. Maybe they could squeeze a couple more tunes out, but I'm not convinced. 15 years later, I'm still amazed the Knebby part of DVD sounds as good as it does.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well...given all the expensive product they moved on the basis of that nominal amount of good material, I'd say he was right.

5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I'm in for some 71 live shows..

Rockin' Robby, BDC, Sean and 2 others like this.
  6. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

Good point. It yielded treasures...for him.

DrBeatle likes this.
  7. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

Well, I think there's an album's worth of treasure spread out among the companion discs, so I don't think Jimmy would be lying if he described it as a "treasure trove". He just neglected to mention that there's also a lot of, uhhh, "non treasure" sprinkled in among the treasure.

RangerXT likes this.
  8. KASHMIR

KASHMIR Forum Resident

Jimmy has said that this or that is going to happen & nothing does, that I will believe it when I see it.
    So I do not know if he is just keeping the fans stirred up & anticipating that something will be released.
    I will not hold my breath waiting.

But I will be first in line if something does come out.

9. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

I'm excited about any live stuff. I hope it is does not have a small dynamic range like How the West Was Won.

Rockin' Robby likes this.
  10. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member

He can always release a few more Willie Dixon songs.

:hide:

zen, Sherman and Chris Schoen like this.
  11. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

Hopefully an upgraded bluray of the Zep dvd with
    complete shows and more!

12. Some official release of Train Kept A-Rollin’ would be nice, preferably as part of a ‘69 concert.

13. Moe Schmo

Moe Schmo Forum Resident

Not sure why you would say that. He has delivered quite a lot of Zeppelin material in the last 20 years. DVD, BBC sessions, How the West Was Won, TSRTS reissue with extra tracks, the remaster deluxe sets.

If he says he is releasing more there’s no reason to think he’s making it up.

Rockin' Robby, supernaut and weavzy like this.
  14. keef285

keef285 Forum Resident

It's an omen..............Almost 50 years after Led Zeppelin performed at Bath Blues Festival (1969) on Bath Recreation Ground, their former lead singer and lyricist and one of the greatest voices in rock and roll, Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters return to the city for the 70th anniversary finale weekend of The Bath Festival.

15. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Do you mean the June 7 '77 audience recording where somebody close to the taper actually does sneeze during the "Oh my Jesus..." part:p
    Indeed- all but two. I've always wondered whatever became of the Vienna and Munich '80 soundboards...

16. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

Are there particular shows from the Japan 1971 tour that people would see come out?

17. Moe Schmo

Moe Schmo Forum Resident

Any of the Japan 71 shows would be great to have. The first and last shows of the tour (23rd and 29th Sep) are the legendary ones with epic medleys and jams and some rare songs.

18. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I've always hoped they had a tape rolling at their first rehearsal, that would be nice to hear - but yes, one of the early '69 shows would be great to hear, probably my favourite era of the band live as they had something to prove and you can really hear it - plus their version of As Long As I Have You absolutely smokes! And ever since hearing the Whiskey A G0 Go tape I've wanted to hear their live version of For Your Love from a better source

19. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Forum Resident

I'd settle for a properly mastered HTWWW...

Rockin' Robby, JakeM and Sean like this.
  20. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I want Electric Magic!

[​IMG]

21. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Hey man, that is really groovy! Fabulous artwork sets my mind back to when I was in single digits, thank you!!

That would also make a good bubble gum wrapper :)

gregorya and supermd like this.
  22. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I mailed ordered for a copy of that poster back in the day and they sent me a crappy bootleg version that was so ugly.

23. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Sure, at this point it would make perfect sense to do an "old blues" album. That's just about their speed now, eh?

24. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

This.

Led Head likes this.
  25. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member

I want a remix too.I loathe the sound of Bonham's drums on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.