Joe Jackson Live in Tokyo....Opinons??

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bobo U2, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member Thread Starter

I have the 25th anni. DVD, it's ok. Tokyo is the only other live disc left. Anyone have the Tokyo disc? Any plans to release a DVD from his last tour?

2. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Haven't seen either one, but reading a description of the 25th Anniv. DVD, it doesn't appear to be the "reunion" lineup that toured in 2003...? (The description mentions a "percussion-heavy band", not something the Quartet had in place.)

Was there ever a video companion to the "Summer In The City" live recording?

3. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I have the Tokyo DVD. The peformance is decent. Sound is nothing exciting. I believe it's Dolby Digital 2.0. The mix is weak, sounds distant. The picture is the worse part. It was shot on bad '80s video and is hampered by bad concert lighting. Since the video was shot with interlaced cameras on a stark set, if you're watching on a digital TV, you'd better have a DVD player with great deinterlacing or "jaggies" will show up all over the image.

I really enjoy JJ, but I don't play this one very often :(

Unfortunately, no.

4. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Rudy, the 25th anniv. DVD is the "Night and Day II" tour, the last tour prior to his reunion with the original JJ Band.

I have the Tokyo DVD and would agree it's nothing too great from a video/audio standpoint, but I do love the performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.