Joey Heatherton 101

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ATributetoJoey, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATributetoJoey

ATributetoJoey New Member Thread Starter

Here's a Joey Heatherton clip...

RickH, GoodKitty, bluemooze and 4 others like this.
  2. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

What's the name of the movie she was in with the guy who played Mr. Haney on Green Acres??

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

joey.jpg I love Joey. In the late 1970's I was standing with my friend in Tower Records, Sunset Strip and I saw her walk in the door, alone. She tried to get someone to help her, anyone, but it was too busy, too crowded. I went over to her, asked her if I could help. She looked me over and said "I know you're too young to work here but your hair tells me that you know where everything is. Am I right?"

I told her that I knew where everything was many times over and what was she looking for? She needed to desperately find "THE THREE BELLS" by the Browns. I led her (wanted to lead her by the hand but was too shy) over to the Country & Western section and found her the "Best Of The Browns" LP on RCA-Victor. When I handed it to her she sort of squealed and kissed me on the forehead, pranced off to buy it. She was wearing black dancing tights and I watched her go all the way to the counter and out the door. No one else even blinked, the sillies.

That's my one and only JOEY story..

Of course, people were pretty jaded at that Tower. I saw Stevie Nicks in there and no one blinked either. I saw the ENTIRE band BADFINGER in there as well and I was the only one who made any kind of fuss...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  5. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Myke likes this.
  6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I prefer her sister Lola...

7. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

She was a playgirl.
    Or was that the one who fooled around with Peter Gunn ?

8. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

One of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen.

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

10. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Great story. I used to work at Tower SF in the seventies and we had a lot come through there as well.

11. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

I certainly do miss SCTV !
    And she wanted to have my baby !!

12. nopedals

nopedals Forum Resident

Reminds me of a Henny Youngman joke. She was married briefly to football star Lance Rentzel, who shortly thereafter got arrested for indecent exposure. "I heard he got traded to the Montreal Expos."

xilef regnu likes this.
  13. Urban Spaceman

Urban Spaceman Forum Eulipion

I have her album - the only one she ever did I think? Not half bad, really. Includes a very unusual arrangement of "God Only Knows".
    [​IMG]

bluemooze and Dino like this.
  14. antoniod

antoniod Forum Resident

Last I saw Joey Heatherton, she looked AWFUL, and that was over 20 years ago. She looked one hundred and one. What happened to her?

15. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

A rough life, judging from the pencil histories I've read about her. A bad (and embarrassing I would assume) marriage, a couple of arrests and cocaine abuse (apparently), again based just on things I have read. Her Wiki bio gives some background :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Heatherton

Joey was a throwback to the great show biz era when "stars" could do anything "show-bizzy" :D

She could, sing, dance, act and...whatever was required of her, kind of like her contemporary Ann- Margret.

Steve Litos and shokhead like this.
  16. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I wouldn't ever wash my forehead again had that happened to me! Great story!

BZync, Dino, Galley and 1 other person like this.
  17. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

The CD has several nude photos, even on the cover. What's up with that?

18. Myke

19. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

--------------------
    It is too bad that when you are beautiful and talented that the industry can be unkind, demanding, and have pressure brought on one that cannot be controlled...ending not so well. Hoping she found some happiness along the way.

20. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

21. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

LOL, I think Myke just needed an excuse.......ANY excuse for linkage! :D

22. Myke

Sex sells. She was promoted as a "Sex Kitten." She was also willing to pose nude. :shrug:

23. Myke

No, I just don't see the mystery of what's been common knowledge for over 50 years.

24. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

Ok, I just thought Galley was wondering because the Album doesn't have those photos on the cover but the cd does.
    (hence his question about said CD)

25. Myke

It also has 21 bonus tracks the vinyl didn't have. That's improved product, a common practice since the dawn of CDs 31 years ago. Still no mystery.

If it's from a sexist POV, still no question. The Allman Brothers, Grand Funk, plenty of men posing nude for album covers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.