Justice League (2017)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Looks like a M A R V E L movie. :)

2. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Of course it looks great... Warner Bros realize if this thing fails, it's effectively the end of their beloved DC 'shared universe' franchise... those highlights of the trailer are likely the highlights of the entire film!!!

They royally botched Justice League, despite the talent in front of and behind the camera, in addition to a colossal budget... so you'll excuse me if I don't get too enthusiastic about this; a film that began production before the post-JL debacle and ultimate fallout.

Really wish George Miller had made his Justice League film a decade ago...

Vidiot likes this.
  3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Sad to say, and this happens all the time, seeing him in the original 'colors' was a disappointment. More often than not, costumes that look fine in a comic book can look somewhat comical in reality. I'm posting a pic of the OTHER sea king from decades ago, seems like DC may have 'borrowed' another idea from Marvel. BTW, I HATE this look but I can see our boy playing this sea king a bit easier than the one he was chosen to do!;) Think he needs a shave!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

I’m pretty sure they’ve written off the shared universe and will focus on standalone stories, and that’s a good thing. I’m not a fan of crossovers; hence, my dislike of the MCU. I prefer my superheroes to exist in their own universes. Superman is the only superhero in his universe. Spider-Man is the only superhero in his universe.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Amazingly, the movie rights to The Sub-Mariner are still owned by Universal...

Kevin Feige Admits Namor Movies Rights Are Complicated

I'm sure Marvel would love to make a deal to solve that problem, but I have a feeling it's messy. Universal also owns the solo feature movie rights to The Hulk, but Marvel somehow got the rights to use the character as a guest star if it wasn't the sole character (like in the Avengers movies). That's a big mess.

Simon A likes this.
  6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

A missed opportunity from Marvel. DC's Aquaman is basically a hairy biker Namor, nothing like the original sixties DC Aquaman.

7. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

The extended trailer looks good. I didn’t like the original trailer at all.

8. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

Love DC superheroes. But on Justice League, the CGI looks bad. Kind of like video game. The 'Superman vs Justice League' scene is a mess. Sorry.

9. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Watched the 5 minute trailer for "Aquaman". For, being the title character, Aquaman is the least interesting thing about it. Actually, everytime he had a line it was distracting and took me out of the movie.

10. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

Deuce66, Quadboy and mark renard like this.
  11. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

I actually liked the Justice League movie. Was it a master piece? No. Was it uneven? Yes. Was it entertaining? Yes.
    I'm curious to see the Snyder cut though, now that it's happening.

12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Hollywood Reporter article on the super cut.

"It Will Be an Entirely New Thing": Zack Snyder's $20M-Plus 'Justice League' Cut Plans Revealed

HBO Max will debut the project in 2021 — possibly in a four-hour director's cut or in six TV-style "chapters" — as the helmer gets the gang back together with the original postproduction crew to score, cut and finish visual effects.

It was very early on a Monday morning in November when director Zack Snyder and his wife and producing partner, Deborah Snyder, received a call from their agent. Let’s be a bit more precise. It was 7 a.m. But more importantly, it was the day after the second anniversary of the release of Justice League, the DC superhero movie that Snyder was forced to exit due to a family emergency, which was then substantially reshot and retooled by replacement director Joss Whedon.

In the time since its release, something unusual happened: A growing movement of fans, rallied by the hashtag #ReleasetheSnyderCut, had called, agitated, petitioned — even bought a Times Square billboard and chartered a plane to fly a banner over Comic-Con — for Snyder’s version to be released. And on the film's second anniversary, the hashtag had its biggest day ever — with even the movie's stars Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck adding their voices on Twitter.

Lots more information in the article.

5th-beatle and mark renard like this.
  13. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I get it, some people want to see it.
    But come on, does anyone think it will be good?
    It's a crappy movie to begin with

jpelg and mr. steak like this.
  14. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I for one am glad we are getting it. Not because I have any illusions it's going to be some masterpiece, but because we are at least going to see where Snyder was going with the narrative from Man of Steel through Batman v. Superman. If anything to put that incarnation of the DCEU to rest and give those fans that were passionate about it closure.

I rag on extreme fandom a lot,but credit where credit is due. I personally never thought the interest was there in a meaningful way or that WB would ever invest the money to finish it...but the #snydercut fans didn't merely just whine and complain and moan. For the most part they were respectful and organized themselves and led to Warners hearing them. They showed their interest and passion without being complete childish fools and it paid off.

Perhaps other fandoms ought to take a note. This is how to leverage your influence without being idiots about it. Being some fandom Menace on YouTube or reddit yelling at other fans for liking stuff you don't and being generally jerks will never get you anywhere but laughed at and ignored. The release the snydercut group made their voices and interest heard and Warners responded. Good for them.

Also,I felt bad for Henry Cavill. it was basically his trilogy and the final product in terms of the Justice League film as it was released was underwhelming, especially with the whole moustache debacle. At least that won't be the final word on his incarnation of Superman. Who knows? If this cut does well perhaps a Man of Steel 2 may finally happen for him.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    seeknom likes this.
  15. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

The plot is supposed to have some huge diferences compared to what was released so it's not just like an extended version of that. They reshot a ton of it.

16. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

It's the same movie - just extended to 4 hours with slow motion added to existing scenes.

17. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

How the Justice League Snyder Cut could change the DCEU forever

'With that in mind, we can surmise that Zack Snyder’s Justice League will be very different to the one we’ve already seen. Snyder also has a knack for releasing superior extended cuts – both Watchmen and Batman v Superman were improved in their re-releases – and, seeing as Warner Bros. executives have seen a form of the Snyder Cut and promised vast sums of money for rejigging the whole thing, the new version of Justice League promises to be bearable, if not actually good'.

I really liked the extended version of BvS and am hoping the tone of it carries over to 'his' version of JL.

David Campbell and mark renard like this.
  18. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

In other news within the DC universe, the actress that plays Batwoman, Ruby Rose, will NOT be returning to the show next season. Apparently she was told she wasn't 'gay' enough! Jeez.....

19. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

David Campbell and BeatleJWOL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.