Kate Bush - Hounds of love "Special Presentation" Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CWChrome, Nov 1, 2023.

1. CWChrome

CWChrome Senior Member Thread Starter

Beamish13 likes this.
  2. mongo

mongo Senior Member

WTH!?
    Bizarro nichiest uber expensive vinyl.
    No digital nothing.
    Ridiculous

DrJ, AnalogJ, GRompre68 and 3 others like this.
  3. PhoenixWoman

PhoenixWoman Forum Resident

Someone will have to explain to me the point of including digital versions in a "special presentation" package. Are the alternate versions not already out there digitally? They're remasters from 2018.

Geee! likes this.
  4. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Have to admit, when I saw the announcement my heart skipped a beat. For a second I though we'd actually get a deluxe edition with all the single mixes, 12" mixes, instrumentals, maybe even a surprise Steven Wilson Atmos Mix or demo's/outtakes. This is an easy "thanks but no thanks" for me, especially at these prices. 250 pounds for a single side of the album :D

5. Postcard

Postcard Shouting at a flower won’t make it grow

I like the Hounds of Love so I looked but I don’t understand.
    Especially the prices.
    Do these come with a free puppy?

6. akmonday

akmonday Senior Member

yeah these are baffling and the artwork is bad too.

7. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

One of my absolute favourite albums. 10/10. And I'm completely satisfied with the original CD I already own.

8. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

They might want to say what's actually in the package if they're charging that much for it.

Would maybe make sense if it's signed, but who the hell knows?

I'm totally set with my Audio Fidelity copy, though.

9. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Since it is half the album per set, it would appear to be 45 rpm vinyl, but there would have to be a ton of ephemera in each box to justify 250 pounds per album side (or they are indeed signed by Kate).

10. 9 Volt

9 Volt That cat's something I can't explain

£250? Says £285 on the site. Running up that bill.

11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

500 for both! :)

Plan9 and 9 Volt like this.
  12. 9 Volt

Oh, come on baby
    Oh, come on darlin'
    Let me steal this money from you now

13. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

No bundles? :whistle::whistle:

johnnybrum likes this.
  14. Neonbeam

A steal…. with God!

JohnCarter17, scobb, PIGGIES and 19 others like this.
  15. 9 Volt

Kudos!

Neonbeam likes this.
  16. Neonbeam

There goes a tenner! Or several.

17. Neonbeam

She wanted to test her fans
    She knew exactly what to do

OK, I promise I’ll stop now!

:hide:

wabrit, Drew769, Max Florian and 9 others like this.
  18. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

This woman's work is very expensive!

19. Michael1201

Michael1201 Forum Resident

It's a no from me.
    Used to be a big fan of hers but for various reasons, one being longer gaps between albums and a refusal to tour, meant I lost interest.
    Yes....I know she played Hammersmith Odeon but it wasn't a tour.

20. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

Kate Bush has announced plans to release her whole catalogue of albums in new physical formats.

In addition to the reissues, two new editions of her seminal album Hounds of Love are set to be available from December 1st. The first is The Baskerville Edition which features new artwork and illustrations by the Glasgow-based design studio Timorous Beasties, plus a solar-powered flashing LED light.

Meanwhile, the second new presentation spans two boxes with each containing one side of the LP. Each disc also includes a UV printed illustration on white vinyl and a battery powered LED light.

Bush explained: “The idea was to create a hybrid of an album and a piece of artwork you could hang on the wall. They’re based on something I designed for an auction for the charity War Child”. A donation will be made to War Child for every album purchased.”

The audio from the newly formatted releases are the 2018 remastered versions, with the exception of the live Before the Dawn record, which only appears in its original form. Bush has also teamed up with independent record stores in the United States for the release of her first three albums, The Kick Inside, Lionheart and Never For Ever.

Reflecting on the process, Bush said: “It’s been great fun putting together these new versions, including the coloured vinyls for independent record stores. They’ve been designed as a ‘set’. It’s very exciting to see the resurgence of appreciation for the physical presence of albums released on vinyl.”

She added: “It’s how it’s always been for me, especially when I was a teenager. The whole buzz of the record store was part of the experience. Buying an album was an event. There’s a special emotional connection that happens between the possessor of an album, the music and the artwork, when it exists in the real world. It’s something we can treasure in a unique way.”

[​IMG]

21. Cat People

Cat People Forum Resident

Hehe. They come with a puppy from the ancestral line of hounds that grace the original cover! Certificates and everything!
    Plus kate delivers them personally. A snip!

As a long term KB fan, was disappointed at the announcement of colour vinyl & an obi strip for unlimited editions at £40 a punt - material we have 5 or 6 times by now - but this, this is utterly comical! Am still in disbelief that this is the extended version we were all so excited about! Kate seems lovely; she signed this off?

Minorityshareholder and PH416156 like this.
  22. andy obrien

andy obrien Forum Resident

Lets get this straight. For almost £300 when postage is included, you can own HALF of an album, a flashing battery powered light and a print?

Wow.

23. Ristifer

Ristifer Forum Resident

This is a gigantic no from me.

dalecooper, Ludger, tin ears and 3 others like this.
  24. Cat People

Some brilliant puns here - at least we got that out of it. It is Nov 1, not April 1, right?

25. Cat People

I can only assume that the only buyers are going to be some of the London crowd at the BTD shows I saw;
    Upper middle class types, who can spend this kind of money on such frivolities.