Kate Bush Remasters 2018.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dunkrag, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Well damn, isn't Fall jammed packed already?

Good thing I've dumped the alcohol so I can save some money :D

mr.dave, agn and Michael D like this.
  2. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Directors Cut sounds pretty bad tbf - pretty muffled on Sensual World and Rubber Band Girl is at about half the volume of the other tracks

3. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

Haha well spotted!

4. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

4x90 pound vinyl boxes and 1 CD-box for 90 pounds and 1 for 60 pounds. Damn... That's an awful lot of money. I hope those prices go down a bit.

bleachershane and englishbob like this.
  5. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

The Dreaming and Hounds of Love are digital 44kHz recordings. I am pretty sure that This Sensual World is the same. Count me out of any vi syl re-issues. I just dont get the enthusiasm for reissues of low res digital tapes simply because it's been cut on vinyl.

6. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Well at least my existing This Womans Work CD boxset is still worth something

Hermes, Oyster Boy, Paul H and 2 others like this.
  7. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

+1 here

8. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

I cant find box set 1 on Amazon. where did you see that??

9. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I own a copy of 'Ken' on 'Aspects of the Sensual World' EP CD. Actually own 2 copies of that CD, so I am good except for a few other Songs on This Woman's Work that will not be on the 2nd CD Box Set.

Porkpie likes this.
  10. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

11. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

As someone who owns very little KB music, these look great. Obviously she has no intention of going down the route of releasing demos and all that. Nor is there a new greatest hits to go alongside this. She really protects her catalogue, fair play to her.

I’m assuming the reason Ken has been left off is due to Mr.Livingston’s recent suspension and exit from the U.K. Labour Party. For those that don’t know who Ken is:
    Ken Livingstone - Wikipedia

chipbutty likes this.
  12. chipbutty

chipbutty Member

I have very little of her music as I've only recently 'rediscovered' her music. In the late 70s and into the 80s when I was a kid my sister was a massive fan and I used to like a lot of what I heard. Recently I've bought HOL and Before The Dawn and was planning on buying her remaining albums. I have a birthday in December so I think it will be Part 1 for my birthday and Part 2 for Christmas!

13. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

fRa likes this.
  14. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Exciting (and expensive) news to start my day!

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

16. blackholesun

blackholesun peace among worlds

I have just pre-ordered individual LPs from The Kick Inside up to Aerial. Plus the fourth boxset with rarities. Makes me wonder what the advantage of a boxset is over individual LPs. Is it just the fancy box?

17. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

18. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

A vinyl box with recent albums such as 50 Words and Director's cut is pointless (thought still in print). I'm guessing these will be cut at Abbey Road but Guthrie being involved suggests digital as the PF catalogue was. At least these were good digital files. I'm expecting Optimal as the pressing plant which will mean half will be returned based on their recent output. These days I prefer GZ for quality. Maybe they will use Pallas but I have had a couple of serious duds recently that were pressed there. I'm looking forward to the remastered Red Shoes which should use the analogue tape as source as the Fish People CD did.

WeepingWall likes this.
  19. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

imarcq likes this.
  20. Classicrock

Note. Buying the albums separately is cheaper than the boxes. Maybe you get a booklet in addition to just a box? I would think the box IV content is exclusive.

ChristopherTeuma and englishbob like this.
  21. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

It’s also easier to deal with returns of single items rather than part a box set, very odd pricing!

mr.dave, mpayan, Shiver and 2 others like this.
  22. Classicrock

The 16 bit studio D/A conversion was far superior to 16/44 CD as proved by other digital recordings on vinyl back in the 80s and more recently. I believe we never heard how capable early studio digital was. Bop Till You Drop better on vinyl for instance. Some albums of notable SQ on vinyl were digital such as The Trinity Session and Tracy Chapman self titled. Hence I don't get this dismissive attitude of 'all digital recordings are pointless on vinyl'.

kevnhuys and zombiemodernist like this.
  23. blackholesun

blackholesun peace among worlds

This is very much why I placed pre-orders for individual records.

Mintsauce likes this.
  24. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Right now my reaction is irritation at having to buy this thing. I would much rather that they had done superdeluxe editions of the albums; remasters are largely unnecessary and they rule out any other back catalogue releases for at least a decade.

HenryFly, Hermes, jupiter8 and 4 others like this.
  25. Teufelzkerl

Teufelzkerl Forum Resident

Might be interesting for vinyl lovers, which I am not. But what's the point in remastering newer albums for cd when recording technology has been perfected over 20 years ago? As far as I know she was never involved in the loudness war, so with christmas timing it mostly looks like refilling the bank account.

All that aside I would like a great sounding digital "Sensual World", there is definitely room for improvement. And please enter the current century by offering a neat high-res download package, too.

Adam Pajda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.