Keith Jarrett Sun Bear Concerts - Piano Solo Limited Edition Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DaK, Jan 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

I’ve been listening to the 24/96 version of this on my Naim Mu-so 2 out on the deck this evening, and it sound really pretty good for that. I’ll have to play it again on the full hifi system later. I have some new records to listen to as well (some Strata-East Charles Tolliver/Music Inc. From the early 70s).

oldjollymon likes this.
  2. DaK

DaK Forum Resident Thread Starter

It is on Tidal in “Master”-Quality as well now, thank you very much for mentioning it!

3. doug1956

doug1956 Forum Resident

Prostudiomasters is selling the 96/24 flac download for $73.59 CDN. That seems like a good price for over 400 minutes 0f music.

4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Was it in the condition stated?

5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Are these digitally mastered LPs? Sorry I did not read every post in the thread, just most of them.

6. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

7. Josquin des Prez

No all analog.

8. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

I found out about this too late. Does anybody know if it will be reissued/repressed?

9. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

No idea. There is a CD version available in ECM’s store, which I have come close to pushing the button on.

I’m surprised they repressed the vinyl to begin with.

10. Fitter Stoke

Fitter Stoke You don't suspect my life's a mess...

I bought the vinyl reissue earlier this year and, while it’s a thing of beauty I’m happy to own, can’t really vouch for its quality over the CD version which remains available. A couple of the LPs have pressing issues which I can tolerate but are overridden by the digital version which is, additionally, far cheaper.

misteranderson likes this.
  11. Josquin des Prez

I can stream it at 24/96 resolution on Qobuz. That's good enough for me. I would like the AAA vinyl, but it's expensive, and I wasn't confident in the quality being good across all LPs. Sounds like some have had issues.

12. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Plus letting an entire city’s performance play without a side flip is nice. I have the old CD set and it’s mastered pretty well actually.

Roberto899 and misteranderson like this.
  13. J Borland

J Borland Forum Resident

I have the sacd set from Japan issued a few years ago. Wanted the vinyl but decided not to - not something i want to flip sides for.

misteranderson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.