Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Ken Burns’ Country Music on PBS

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fenderesq, Sep 15, 2019.

1. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I dozed off trying to watch this a few times, but it did start airing less than a month before I had a new baby born, and I have been getting super drowsy these days. Will give this another shot whenever I see it show up on a streaming service I already have a sub for.

2. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

He sure does! Perhaps it was intentional? :D

luckyno13 likes this.
  3. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Recently purchased the DVD set of this, and I'm only up to disc 3.
    This didn't get an 'airing' here in Australia, like a lot of things.....
    I'm late to the game here, but what a wonderful insight into the beginnings of Country Music with some wonderful
    footage and clear photographs.
    Nice presentation with some legendary artists adding a few comments.
    It wasn't very expensive either and I'm looking forward to the rest of it!

4. ARL

ARL Forum Resident

UK viewers finally got to see the full version of Country Music recently when it was aired on the Freeview channel PBS America.

I found it easier to take by watching in 20-30 minute segments. One great thing - the morning after I had watched the segment on Waylon Jennings and his outlaw albums, I was browsing through the £5 rack at a newly-opened second hand record store, and there was a copy of "Dreaming My Dreams". Obviously picked up it up, and what a great album it is.

5. thepigdog

thepigdog Music and beer

I've been watching it on PBS on Sunday afternoons. And I am loving it.

RSteven, lazydawg58 and Fender Relic like this.
  6. The huge companion hardcover is now showing up at Barnes & Noble stores for $15 in their bargain sections.

7. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip.

8. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Thanks for this, I'll keep an eye on the PSB schedules for another repeat. The BBC one was too much of a slog for me.

EG.