Kill Bill... out of print!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Claus, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

The release date of the limited edition is April 16, and already out of print. The 2 DVD set is not cheap... about $70.

I'm happy I ordered my edition early enough. :righton:

2. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Claus (or anyone else who knows) - Is this limited edition specific to a region, or world-wide?

3. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

The limited edition is only (!) available in Japan (it's the same movie like in the US, but the uncut version).

Maybe a special version with bonus material on the US pressing, but definitely not the japanese cut.

4. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

I'm waiting for the set that has both halves.

Those who buy the import be aware that 'The House of Blue Leaves' sequence is in color. I'm wondering if asian audiences are anti-b&w; 'The Man who Wasn't There' was released in color over there.

I expect we'll get a more explicit cut here when the two-film set comes out.

5. Baron von Lego

Baron von Lego New Member

There were concerns that the "House of Blue Leaves" sequence was too gory, and so rather than cut it out, Quentin turned it into B&W. The Japanese audiences are simply getting the film as Quentin originally intended for it to be seen.

That said, I quite liked the stylised B&W scene. It fit in well with the rest of the films vibe of being completely visually over the top. It'd be a poorer film without it.

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

What already ?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.