King Crimson - Next Box Set Speculation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Craig Williams, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Even though I already own the previous box set from the 40th anniversary celebrations, this new ITCOTKC boxset is a no brainer for me. The Heaven and Earth set looks interesting as well, but it depends on the bonus material if I'm going to pick it up. Is there really a lot of interesting things left in the vaults not on B'Boom, déjà VROOOM, VROOOM VROOOM, Heavy Construcktion, Live In Argentina 1994 and Live in Philadelphia 1996? Sid Smith's biography is also a no brainer, since I missed it first time round. I'd love to have the CLUB48 release featuring Jaime Muir as well, but may go for a download of that one instead. Since they are going to feature the Steven Wilson remixes I'll pass on the vinyl set and spend my cash on a concert ticket instead, the tour will most likely hit the Netherlands. This is going to be a fantastic year for Crimson fans!

2. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

I wonder what is included in that Complete 1969 Recordings set? And how it differs from the ITCOTKC box?

Happy to hear that there is a vinyl version planned for whatever it is.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

This set covers 1998-2008. B'BOOM, the VROOOMs and the live sets you mention were all covered by the THRAK set.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  4. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

That's great news, but they should keep the series beyond that. I am one of those who did not jump on their big boxes, but would happily continue picking up new individual live releases. Now I can see they have repressed the older items that were out of stock for a long time, so it'll be a good opportunity to fetch some of the volumes I missed:

king crimson, collectors' club

They could also make available separately on CD some of the outstanding shows from the boxes or download series, like Hull '72.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  5. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

This is going to be an expensive year.

seasonsinthesky, Runicen and Jimbino like this.
  6. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

That's my Number One purchase!!!

jay.dee likes this.
  7. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Mark me down for Heaven and Earth, Complete 1969 Recordings, and the re-print of the Sid Smith book! Looking to be a good year! :D

Jimbino likes this.
  8. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

Just got the reply - the 1969 recordings box and the Court box are the same.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  9. That saves me a few dollars! Looking forward to all that is being offered.

10. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Are you sure that this will be until '08 and not '04?

11. MikeM.

MikeM. Forum Resident

Makes sense to wrap it all up with one enormo-box

12. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I just need those last two albums ... hmmm May, ok

13. Say It Right

That didn't answer the question.

14. mark winstanley

I looked to find all the info I could and that appears to be the case

Say It Right likes this.
  15. Say It Right

Here it is:

So, assuming that this won't cover the Projects.

16. mark winstanley

I don't think so. The info still seems somewhat vague at the moment as to what exactly it will be. I assume the last two studio albums and some live stuff?

17. Say It Right

Presuming that means definitely to cover TCOL and TPTB with live material to include Heavy Construction on CD, DVD-A and Blu Ray. Then all of Collectors Club releases from that group.

Then there was a short-lived group in '04 after Gunn left and Levin returned. In '08, it was strictly live material, which was the debut of Gavin Harrison.

mark winstanley likes this.
  18. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

Not sure why you state that. The ProjeKCts were active from 97 - 99, and last year Sid Smith did send out the call to us Basement Dwellers on gig memories / recollections.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  19. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I'm actually hoping it includes ALL the ProjeKcts recordings! For the kind of money they're likely to be asking, at least I can hope to free up some shelf space.

Runicen likes this.
  20. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

ITCOTCK is the album I've bought the most often. Kinda thought the last box set would have been the final word and I could relax. Guess not.

By the way, the film I've bought the most often is 'Blue Velvet.' Whaddya think the odds are that Criterion will put out a deluxe BluRay of that right after?

I'm gonna have to apply for another credit card, aren't I?

21. Say It Right

The post indicated assuming. So whether "late 90's" means '97 or after, we'll have to wait for more details. Not everybody here pours over the dairies. :shake:

Jimbino likes this.
  22. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Are there any KCCC releases that did not make it into the large boxes from their respective era?

23. Say It Right

Rehearsals & Blows from '83, especially as it was timed closer to the release of the 80's set. Then there was a standalone '94 Argentina special issue with DVD-A, but they've mostly included CC editions through these sets. In the Court likely will be expanded to cover everything that was contained on Epitaph.

jay.dee, citizensmurf and ermylaw like this.
  24. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

ProjeKct X in 5.1, please.

25. MikeM.

MikeM. Forum Resident

At this point I don't think there is a definitive answer to that question yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.