Kinks Village Green Preservation Society 50th Super Deluxe pricing, shipping, etc Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hutlock, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just noticed, amazon.uk is using I-Parcel to ship to US. When I googled I-Parcel shipping/packaging reviews, there are only bad reviews and many of them. Thanks for the info on the separate shipping box. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I-Parcel will include the same packaging.[/QUOTE]
    They are crap. I've had them and some other service and they are worse than the USP. Still, they DID eventually arrive just not always in perfect condition.

2. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

has your friends order shipped yet?

3. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I’m pretty sure it hasn’t.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  4. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Jae, Fitzy, et al,

I order Vol 3 of the Lord of the Rings ST on amazon aust for a much lower price than it eventually ended up at

the had the awaiting supply from the distributor message for weeks

So I complained about where is it and eventually they said cant get it

So I said what about those other suppliers you have listed? They said sure you can get it from them

But I said what about the diff in price?

So they eventually made a deal that I would get it from the cheapest 3rd party supplier (which was Amazon US) and they would credit me the difference

Which they did to the tune of over $75 :)

So if this turns out to be a similar situation that's what Im gonna hold them to as well

jsb! and Bonddm like this.
  5. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

I ordered the VGPS box from Amazon Australia having been alerted to the amazing price on the forum (wishing now I'd ordered another!) and I've also been wondering why it still hasn't been shipped days after it came out. So I contacted Amazon.au via their online chat system and I was told that they were waiting for stock but I would definitely have it by Nov 6 (the latest date on my shipping advice). So I guess they're waiting for a bulk shipment from the UK or USA to arrive - hopefully the delivery date won't change! At this stage I'm still amazed that they're honouring the price.

Dave Hoos, jsb! and Bonddm like this.
  6. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Getting ready to most likely order this, but not seeing any posts on the sound quality and such (unless I missed), this set looks readily available though...Am I correct, that Kevin Gray mastered this? My second favorite next to Arthur. This VG box looks like a musical toy chest!

7. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

scotti likes this.
  8. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Bonddm likes this.
  9. putz

putz Forum Resident

Weird message from Amazon UK when I went to track the package. Asked i-parcel what was up and they said they are still waiting for Amazon to provide the merch to them. They need to clean up their messaging so as not to give their customers a heart attack.
    Returning to seller
    i-parcel couldn't deliver your package
    Please contact i-parcel to get your package back on track.
    See details
    [​IMG]

10. downer

downer Senior Member

I wouldn't hold your breath...

I went thru a mess with Amazon AU with the Imagine box and am still awaiting a resolution about the 'Loving The Alien' set...

Pre-ordered both well in advance, order stays on release days had them as shipping / arriving Tuesday, neither eventuated... with Imagine, I ended up getting thru the Global store and they refunded the priority shipping from US.

At the time, I got them to check (twice) on whether they would be fulfilling the Bowie order, and they assured me they would - but again, no stock was available on release day, and despite showing as 'arriving Tuesday', they hadn't shipped at all - i wrote a long email addressed to Jeff Bezos to get the attention of their Executive relations team, who contacted me and apologised, said they'd monitor it personally and keep me informed etc...

Just over a week ago ER contacted me and informed that the stock was arriving in the next few days and would be delivered by October 30th - I'd been offline for most of last week, so on Sunday I see that I received an auto email the following day, CANCELLING my order as they could not source stock locally.

Much email shouting and to-and-froing later, and they now inform me they have the Bowie set available from Global store, and again they are waiving the priority shipping to get it sent to me for next week

I've noticed as well that the Dylan, Beatles and Kate Bush sets are now no longer being offered for pre-order for fulfilment from Amazon AU, but from Amazon US via the Global store - so basically, we are buying from Amazon US - meaning we're paying AU GST in there somewhere, which was a big issue for Amazon when it came in mid year and the reason for geo-blocking, so what gives now?

So not wishing anyone the misfortune of not having your deal honoured, but don't be surprised if nothing eventuates...

Dave Hoos likes this.
  11. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Well, there’s still hope! Just got this email:

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on 25/08/2018 ).

The Kinks "The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society"
    http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07GGSB3YK

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

If you'd prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below

12. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

yeah I got one of those as well! I don't know.... I think we may be stuffed !

13. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Slightly miffed that Amazon US finally lowered the price down to $130 after it's been stuck at the same higher number since the day it was announced over two months ago. Because of them I went with Amazon UK, which means I'll be waiting longer, but with so many box sets coming out still, I'm not in a huge hurry.. but I am anxious after reading some of your comments here.

I was charged and it was shipped 4 days ago and they are giving me a delivery date of Monday Nov. 5th, so they must be walking it over the ocean. The mystery to me in my tracking is that on Sunday night it said "completed customs clearance process" and then 6 hours later it said "initiated customs clearance process." Figured those should be switched. I haven't heard anything since.

Edit: Update from a second ago. Instead of going through Amazon's tracking page, I went to i-parcel's tracking and put my number in. It said "arrived in country" and "Upon successful customs clearance, your parcel will be given to UPS who we use for local delivery to your address." They then give me a new UPS tracking number which doesn't bring me anything yet, but I feel better that it's moving quicker. UPS won't take 7 days more to bring me this.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  14. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

I’m trying to be positive. There’s at least a chance - they haven’t just cancelled our orders as they sometimes do.

Dave Hoos, Bonddm and fitzysbuna like this.
  15. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Can anyone say how big the gatefold poster is?
    A picture I saw shows it folded a good number of times which makes me think it's quite big.

16. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I have had a jimi Hendrix box set on order at amazon uk since april and they have not cancelled the order !

jsb! likes this.
  17. stiofan

stiofan Forum Resident

Since Amazon Au advertised the set as being sold and shipped by Amazon Au, they can't wriggle out now by claiming that they can't source it. That's the whole point of the Trade Practices Act: you can't advertise something you can't deliver.

If they persist with this story about trying to get a revised estimate from their supplier (hello? it's your parent company), a call to the ACCC is in order.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Bonddm likes this.
  18. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

well hold for the a week or two and lets see what happens !

19. srsch

srsch Senior Member

After reading all the positive comments about the alternate mixes, demos, and upgraded sound I have to get it. Now I'm just trying to get the best price from a seller that will not pack it haphazardly.
    As of today, Collector's Choice has best price I've seen but it's out of stock ($123.53 after 20% discount code and shipping). Amazon USA is now at $144.76 after tax.
    Does anyone have any recent experience with Collector's Choice? How about any better deals out there?

PhantomStranger and Hep Alien like this.
  20. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I just emailed them asking why they can’t fulfill orders using stock from their global store.

jsb! and fitzysbuna like this.
  21. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

That doesn't look like any order I have seen from them. You may want to get a hold of them to see what's going on.

22. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Their response.

“I understand that you received an email with the order update that we are still trying to obtain the item you ordered. You want to know can the order be fulfilled as the item is available in our Global store section. Please be assured that I will do my best to help you with this.

I'd have definitely raised a request to fulfil the order using our global store stock to help you with this. However, the option to fulfil the order from the Global store stock isn't available as the stock of our Global store is shipped from our Amazon US warehouse if an order is placed for the global store item.

To help you with this, I've raised a request to procure the item as soon as possible and to ship the item at the earliest. I'm positive that our warehouse team will definitely work on the request to fulfil the order.”

Dave Hoos, tumbledweeb and fitzysbuna like this.
  23. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

That's a bit of a nothing response!

jsb!, Dave Hoos and Bonddm like this.
  24. stiofan

stiofan Forum Resident

This borders on the meaningless.

Bonddm likes this.
  25. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

My mom is babysitting today and said my package came from Amazon UK. She texted me that "one end is pretty smashed" and "it's ripped open on one end." I'll be there in about 4 hours to check it out.

Of course she doesn't send me a pic. Moms.

savemenow and mindgames like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.