KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by keefer1970, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Do they have KISSWorld CD or something at the merch tables?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

This came out when the tour started but has been available as an import 2 years prior so it didn't chart in the US. Also, there are so many comps and Kiss albums in general, I think the sales gets spread around the 50 or so releases that they have. There is not one be all end all comp or studio album that will make the Catalog charts consistently.

https://www.amazon.com/Kissworld-KI...27&s=gateway&sprefix=kissworls,aps,168&sr=8-1

3. Ty D. Tatman

Ty D. Tatman Forum Resident

The need for such a compilation has dissipated with streaming services like Spotify. Even as a KISS Collector myself, I've never found a compilation that is as good as any playlist I build. I curated my "End of the World" playlist that encompasses at least 3 tracks from each album and it was a lot of fun to build and to listen to!

D.B., walrus, Jmac1979 and 2 others like this.
  4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

In your defense, it's more tiring to stand in one place for two hours than to move around! :)

Not being facetious - it's really tough on the legs and back to just stand without much space to move for a long period. I've never played a concert, but I'm sure it'd be less strenuous than standing without room to stretch!

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

What Mac, Eagles, Journey, AC/DC albums are in the charts? How high? It doesn't take much to make the charts these days!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Who'sTommy

Who'sTommy Forum Resident

The guys are really, really friendly - I truly believe a big part of their image (e.g. Gene's ego) is just an act for PR/interviews. I met them twice (and I am going to meet them for a last time in June), but the band is awesome when you actually meet them in person. See Gene here interacting with a little kid, at the beginning of the video. That is the real Gene.

I333I, D.B., Runicen and 3 others like this.
  7. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

Please share what’s on it!

RE: KISS and children - seems to me it’s a reflection of how much P&G like being dads - it’s pretty sweet. Do Tommy and/or Eric have children?

MPLRecords likes this.
  8. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

9. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

ejluther likes this.
  10. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Because it’s KISS and their back catalogue doesn’t sell like other legacy acts. Some of the greatest hits albums have sold well over the last 17 years but the albums just don't really shift units.

11. nb2k

nb2k Forum Resident

12. Ty D. Tatman

Ty D. Tatman Forum Resident

It's far too extensive, lol. From those early albums, almost every single song is on there. The pickings got a little slimmer as I went through the catalog and I skipped one album (COS) altogether and was forced to skip another (Sonic Boom) because it's not on Spotify. My trick for keeping the rotation from being stale and predictable is "folding in." I picked a song from the 1st album then one from Monster. Next I picked a song from HTH followed by a track from Pyscho Circus. Dressed to Kill then Revenge on through the catalog three times. Then I picked all my favorites that were left.

Matthew Tate and ejluther like this.
  13. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

I would think so.

Queen - Greatest Hits #23; Greatest Hits I, II, & III The Platinum Collection #50

Journey - Greatest Hits #88

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours #111

Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band - Greatest Hits #113

Guns N‘ Roses - Greatest Hits #128

Eagles - Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 #153; The Very Best of the Eagles #177

AC/DC - Back in Black #169

Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks 1964-1971 #183

Top 200 Albums | Billboard 200 chart

It may not take much to make the charts but I’m sure it still means something to the artists anyway.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Jaco944

Jaco944 Forum Resident

I was also at the Louisville show, this was my 15 Kiss show. It was my daughters first, she’s 7, and she had a blast. We had great seats front row right behind the board and right in front of Paul’s second stage. There was no one directly in front of us so we didn’t have to stand all night and the mix was perfect. Seeing the show through the eyes of your child is pretty special. She scored 7 picks from various crew members and staff so the cute child theory holds true haha. She shared most of them with other people and kept 2.
    Here’s what it’s all about folks.

Todd W., Davidmk5, Who'sTommy and 2 others like this.
  15. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I wish Kiss would do another batch of the 2014 vinyls some are hard to get at a decent price especially some the alive albums

16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Minneapolis - March 4 - Full show from the back.

17. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Plotting my schedule for the Philly show next Friday night..
    what are the usual set times for Kiss and the painter..

18. Locutus67

Locutus67 Forum Resident

While I didn't go to Cleveland's Sunday show, I did check out a few clips just to see what I "missed out" on.
    I don't regret it one bit, but I wish Ace & Peter could have been included in some way. I would have gone to see the real KISS even if they only performed together for a couple tunes.

While browsing the clips, I came across this:

I've seen Mr. Speed quite a few times over the years & they're usually very good depending on who the members are that year.
    I was happy to see them play in my hometown 'Rockin' On The River' concert series. It was an extremely hot & humid night & no amount of beer seemed like enough lol. Still it was a great show & I have no problem seeing an actual tribute act do justice to the real thing.

carlwm likes this.
  19. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Right, this was a point i was making about the new unnecessary Stones GH coming out. Like with the Stones, Kiss have soooo many compilations out there that we don't need a 703rd because surely the other 702 out there has one out there that is "just right" (especially when there's even 80s-only and 90s-only collections, Kiss bases are well covered)

ejluther likes this.
  20. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

You're forgetting that with streaming its much harder to crack Billboard from sales than it was 5 years ago (perfect example was when Guster's latest album was #5 on sales but only #49 on the real Billboard 200 because while Guster has an audience who will buy their cd, they aren't exactly the hot thing with people on streaming). Streaming largely benefits the younger hotter stars out there and your average teen/twentysomething isn't normally going to go for an artist who was popular 30-40+ years ago, so for older artists to chart is actually a bigger feat today than before the rules changed in late 2014 slanting the chart in favor of streaming, effectively evicting older artists and indie/rock type acts whose primary demographic aren't the "with it" youth.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

they certainly look the part.
    The guy on the drums has Eric's moves down!

22. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

neither my wife nor my daughter wanted to go, so, I didnt.

I did score tickets for Adam Lambert and Queen, they are both excited about that... and jealous because I saw them in 1980 with Freddie

but no Kiss concert for me this time

Curveboy likes this.
  23. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Kiss doesn't have an album like Rumours or Back In Black, or a universally-agreed upon compilation like the Eagles or Journey ones. I'm sure the tour is somewhat bumping streams (and maybe sales) of Kiss music overall, but it's likely all over the place. Like, if I look up Kiss on a streaming service, I can get Kissworld, Killers, Ikons, Kiss 40, Gold, all 3 20th Century Masters albums, The Very Best Of Kiss, Greatest Hits, Double Platinum, and Smashes Thrashes.

I'm not of the opinion the charts mean a single freaking thing, especially in modern times, but I'd be curious of actual listening/streams of Kiss have ticked up since the tour started. That would be a more interesting piece of data than anything Billboard has.

I'm looking at the Billboard 200 albums right now, and what's interesting is the Fleetwood Mac compilation isn't even the unnecessary one they just released, it's still the 1988 Greatest Hits album.

24. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

KISS is playing Toronto this evening, I'm not going. Ticketmaster hasn't reduced the price of remaining tickets at all which is surprising, prices are ridiculous.

Curveboy and Queezma like this.
  25. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Just my humble opinion but Queen without Freddie is a much bigger void than Kiss without Ace or Peter. At least Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer were alive during Kiss' heyday as opposed to Adam who was born after Queen's first Greatest Hits came out

I333I and theshape like this.