KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by keefer1970, Feb 19, 2018.

1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I guess there will be a Canadian run in 2021.

Are going to bother rescheduling the Australian tour leg?

Queezma likes this.
  2. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Unknown at this point but likely.

3. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

You think they will come back around here? They did all of the major markets already...and some of them twice already.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. AirJordanFan93

Looking at the new batch of dates a lot of those venues on the backend of the tour sound very small in capacity.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

That's a lot of dates for guys their age. Elton John is doing this too. Working themselves to death. I guess you gotta squeeze as much in as you can before you can't tour anymore.

6. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Sorry I was speaking about Canada specifically. They came through here last winter and this past summer and most shows were not near capacity. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

7. AirJordanFan93

I always had the feeling the tour would be a case of diminishing returns with the 3-year length they have given it. There was always going to be an initial buzz about them going on a final tour that would increase ticket sales and enabled them to play the major arenas in a given market the first time through. But once they keep going back to a market they were always going to end back up doing the secondary venues.
    You wonder why Paul got sick.

Queezma likes this.
  8. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Or when he died back in the 60's..

knob twirler and 905 like this.
  9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I probably won't go, but I'll look into the Charlottesville show.

Small-ish arena that's a lovely venue and it's not a bad drive from here to C-ville.

I skipped the "DC" show because I hate the venue, and since it's an amphitheater, if you're not in the 1st 15 rows, you're too far from the stage.

Small-ish arena is more likely to have decent seats at decent prices. I wasn't paying $75 at the summer show to be 300 feet from the stage!

Doggiedogma and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. SoundAdvice

Quebec/Ontario and probably Vancouver have been saturated already. 18 months away won't add much unless it's double bill/has an Ace/Peter angle/plays minor league arenas.

Though the lower ceilings of the small rink would mess up the full arena production a bit. I know some/all shows in Europe had a condensed production.

Queezma likes this.
  11. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Yes for sure they will need a strong support/co headline type package for any additional shows in Canada to sell out clean. While the shows thus far have been well attended they have been far from sold out in the true sense of the word. Many of the shows were “papered” to fill the buildings and huge discounts were offered days leading up to the shows.

Doggiedogma and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. SoundAdvice

Calgary/Edmonton/1 Atlantic Canada/Winnipeg would have worthwhile demand. Likely they will get hit before July 2021.

Not sure a show aggressively billed as "Final Ever Canadian Show" would be taken seriously. "Last CDN stop on Final Tour" billing leaves too much wiggle room for a later one-off. Paul already said KISS will do the cruises until they drop.

Live Nation don't like sell outs, it meant they didn't charge enough. I doubt any upcoming US/CDN arena show sells clean, possibly including the final NY stadium show if they go nuts with pricing.

13. AirJordanFan93

Matthew Tate and ejluther like this.
  14. Jaco944

Jaco944 Forum Resident

I saw them the next night in Louisville....one of the greatest moments in my life. For the diehard KISS fans it sure wasn’t like any other concert. My parents wouldn’t let me go in the 70’s....lost interest in the 80’s so my first show was the Revenge tour.

Doggiedogma and carlwm like this.
  15. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

You can only play the major markets so many times, and they hit them all on the first run.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

If the last show isn't until summer 2021, that gives them a lot of time to reschedule. I think they will, it just takes a lot of logistical planning to do it, so it was easier to cancel and give refunds, since it might be a few months before the timeframe for that can be mapped out.

carlwm likes this.
  17. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

They're still doing the shark show.

18. AirJordanFan93

Oh I know.
    I can't see them not doing Australia. It has been one of the better international markets for them and all the Australian tours generally have done really well.

walrus likes this.
  19. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

I have to say that Paul’s explanation is one of the best and most honest ones on this list:
    13 ‘Farewell’ Tours That Didn’t Stick — From Mötley Crüe to Kiss
    “People change their minds, and in this case that goes along with being a living, thinking person. What one says one day with total commitment may at another time turn out not to be so. Am I doing this for the money or the fans? Both, and let’s not forget I’m doing this for me.” —Paul Stanley, 2002

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Shark and roll.

[​IMG]

ejluther, Matthew Tate and carlwm like this.
  21. nb2k

nb2k Forum Resident

They're gonna need a bigger boat! They can't even fit Paul Stanley on that stage. :)

22. cber1517

cber1517 Forum Resident

23. AirJordanFan93

Or you know you get divroved from your wife and she gets a fairly large chunk of the money you spent the previous 5 years earning.

24. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

25. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member