KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by keefer1970, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

Hate to say it, but I agree. I am just weeks away from seeing Ace/Alice, but I'll bet that it doesn't happen.

2. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I'm supposed to go see James Taylor & Jackson Browne Saturday night and was really on the fence... I saw Butch Walker tested positive and it pushed me to not go... then I saw Pat McAfee tested positive and it pushed me further into not going. When I saw the news on Paul yesterday I made my final decision not to go... Not sure if there is any band that I am a big enough fan of to venture to a concert these days. I'm all vaxxed up but I stll don't want that covid ****... **** that!

Doggiedogma and Anthrax like this.
  3. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

These were still being sold as of last Sunday. His getting the virus has got to be related to his sudden proximity to crowds. It can travel through air, you know.

Doggiedogma and audiomixer like this.
  4. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Yeah, and there's stuff out there now saying that plexiglass doesn't help as much as once thought.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I read recently that plexiglass might be bad because it alters the air circulation and doesn't allow the germs to disperse - or something like that.

wrappedinsky and mmars982 like this.
  6. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

Hope Paul can bounce back soon, and to any of the negative people, no need for those kind of posts....grow up. If you don't like the artist being discussed, then move along. No need for that kind of crap.

7. Jay_Z

Jay_Z Forum Resident

Because it's never going away.

Bruno Primas and czyhorse75 like this.
  8. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

I think you mean "Move On". :laugh:

9. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

The vax'd are not safe and this is precisely the age of the concert goers. Safety > Money. Cancel the shows

New Jersey officials say nearly 50 fully vaccinated residents have died from COVID-19

10. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Those lucky fans caught more than a spitty pick from Paul that night!

jumpinjulian likes this.
  11. julienbakerfan

julienbakerfan Julien is her name, not mine

"Donna Leusner, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Health, told the news outlet that all 49 people who died were over 50 years old. Thirty were over 80 years old, 13 people were between 65 and 79 years old, and six were between 50 and 64 years old.

Leusner also said many of the people who died had preexisting conditions. Seventeen people had cardiovascular disease, nine had cancer or other conditions that compromised their immune systems and seven had diabetes, the news outlet reported. Others had chronic conditions in the lungs, kidney and liver."

12. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

because our damn constitution guarantees us the right to be spit on by old rockers in kabuki makeup.

JasonA likes this.
  13. czyhorse75

czyhorse75 Forum Resident

Live life to the fullest. Enjoy live music. A life lived in fear is no life at all. By all means if you are high risk, take appropriate precautions, but shutting everything down will actually kill more people (delayed healthcare decisions, unemployment, suicide, depression, etc)

14. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

lol. Did you read the part in bold that you responded to? He's fine.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  15. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

That is really f'ing stupid of him. What a jackass. Hope he's ok, though. As well as anyone who caught one of his slobbery missiles (KISS lyric grade pun intended). In all seriousness, though, if that show was 9 days ago and he just now tested positive, I'm thinking there's nearly no chance he was contagious at that pick spitting time. Still really dumb as just as easily could've had it then.

This youtube comment was good: "What's even more interesting is the fact that you can hear his voice in the chorus while he's spitting those picks"

16. There's a little more nuance than your statement would lead us to believe. I'm fully vaccinated, healthy, and don't have any preexisting conditions. I'm careful & mask up indoors, but I'm not concerned about dying.

"Donna Leusner, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Health, told the news outlet that all 49 people who died were over 50 years old. Thirty were over 80 years old, 13 people were between 65 and 79 years old, and six were between 50 and 64 years old.

Leusner also said many of the people who died had preexisting conditions. Seventeen people had cardiovascular disease, nine had cancer or other conditions that compromised their immune systems and seven had diabetes, the news outlet reported. Others had chronic conditions in the lungs, kidney and liver."

Randy5554 likes this.
  17. I placed Trader Troll on ignore after that. Lol.

18. Exactly! As long as large gatherings are going on Covid is not going to go away.

19. At least the vocals would be live.

Spastica and Mlle. Aurora like this.
  20. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Putting 18,000 people in one place for 3-4 hours during a global pandemic is just asking for trouble.

21. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

You mean 18,000 PEOPLE! surely.

22. johnnyb1964

johnnyb1964 Treats please!

No word on the rest of the tour yet. Do you guys thing they will cancel the next two weeks of shows?

23. 86mets

86mets Counting Crows #1 Fan

Just goes to show that even with precautions we are still in the midst of a PANDEMIC...

elgoodo, jumpinjulian, Mr D and 6 others like this.
  24. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It's quite possible, where there's 1 positive test there are sure to be more unless Paul totally isolated himself from everyone which is highly unlikely, he caught it from someone/somewhere on the road. The Edmonton Elks of the CFL are going thru the same issues, it started with a couple of players and turned into 14.

25. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I would guess the tour is over.