KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by keefer1970, Feb 19, 2018.

1. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

p
    I feel like Peter Capaldi could be a good Gene Simmons, but the scripts just let him down.

Booyaa73 and walrus like this.
  2. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Paul mentions the cab thing in his book. Something about dropping people off at the Garden to see Elvis, and thinking 'One day people will be taking cabs here to see me'.

3. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Yeah, I definitely should have fact-checked whether they ever called anything a farewell tour themselves. That would have convinced me that no one names anything a farewell tour without it really being their last tour.

4. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Yeah, his paintings I think are pretty good. My impression is that Ace could be good in school, but doesn't really have the discipline or patience for it, and I'm not saying that to put him down.

Matthew Tate, GodShifter and Socrates like this.
  5. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

Finally.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  6. Socrates

Socrates Forum Resident

Don't be mean to KISS.

Curveboy, dvcarrick and Zoot Marimba like this.
  7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

What do you mean by that? Not a fan?

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  8. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

I'm not even offended by their music. People like it so I'll leave it off=limits. It's Gene. I can't stand Gene. The guy has something about him that absolutely rubs me the wrong way.

ElevatorSkyMovie likes this.
  9. knob twirler

I can’t believe you haven’t figured it out: ‘The End of the Road’ culminates with the remaining members of Boyz II Men taking over for the original four guys (Tommy Thayer will accompany the new group as a roadie/guest guitarist.) They’ll wear the makeup and set off the pyro whilst singing Detroit Rock City to the tune of Motown-Philly.

Eventually, they’ll tour with the new supergroup Bell, Biv, Devine, Coverdale and Page.

10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yeah, he can be a grating individual for sure.

11. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer! Thread Starter

Gene's a smug, self-promoting douche to be sure, but he's earned the right to be one. I can't help but admire the guy.

Random observation: I've been posting here for almost three years and this is the first thread I've ever started that has gone on more than a page or two. :D

12. Socrates

Socrates Forum Resident

Gene seems like he's better now in his recent interviews.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

Smart move to trademark the tour name before anybody else does!

melstapler likes this.
  14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Love ‘em (or leave ‘em) or hate ‘em, KISS is always an interesting and polarizing topic.

keefer1970 and Zoot Marimba like this.
  15. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

DolphinsIntheJacuzzi Forum Resident

Yeah, this is just not a great look:
    [​IMG]

16. Socrates

Socrates Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining this, but didn't Gene's kids get mad at him for what he was saying in interviews? This was within the past few years, then I read one of his more recent Rolling Stone interviews, and he seemed to have mellowed out.

17. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

When he shuts up about himself and talks about MUSIC (or comic books), he is much more likeable.

YardByrd, wiseblood and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Not just his children.

He has to keep Paul happy. If he really pisses Paul off (as he has done in the past), then it really is all over (before he wants it to be over).

M321115, Socrates and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Paul's comments on Gene in his memoir are very interesting and revealing. He feels that Gene would probably have benefited from the psychiatric help that Paul sought - but he chose not to, covering his 'fragility' with endless groupie-banging and braggadocio.

20. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

I hope Gene Simmons falls of the end of the road into the black abyss. Kiss music = good. Gene Simmons = massive greasy slimy douche canoe waste of skin.

21. knob twirler

That 50 years of therapy doesn’t seem to have helped him all that much. His memoir shows him to be an incredibly bitter man who spreads blame like it’s coming out of a Howitzer, but can’t share credit for anything. I was expecting the shots at Ace and Peter, because that’s what they do to try to sell other versions of the band, but his contempt for Gene just makes me sad; he’s a millionaire many times over, so why is he still chaining himself to this guy he dislikes so much? Does he like anyone at all?

Marble Index likes this.
  22. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

On the evidence of his book, no. And that includes himself, at a guess.

Paul describes his first meeting with Gene. It's very funny:

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  23. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I think this is true for most artistic people. School is mind-numbingly boring (not to mention socially awkward) for anyone whose brain is a little out of the ordinary.

Zoot Marimba and Socrates like this.
  24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Paul and Gene have a working relationship. I’d even go as far to say they’re friends, but certainly not best friends or even friends that hang out, but they don’t hate each other. Paul has some unkind things to say about Gene in his book (few get off without at least a couple of shots from Paul) but he’s his business partner and it’s not a case of either hating the other.

Matthew Tate and Zoot Marimba like this.
  25. zen archer

zen archer Forum Resident

He now looks like Grandpa from the Munsters.

M321115, dalem5467, carlwm and 2 others like this.