Klaudio Ceases Production of US-RCMs

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by alarickc, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alarickc

alarickc Vinylholic Thread Starter

Anybody else get the email and/or see the announcement on their homepage? Sad news, I'm glad I already got mine.

2. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

3. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

Wow, this is not totally unexpected.
    I used to own a KLaudio but sold it when I realized that US cleaning was mostly hype and I could achieve similar results with my SpinClean/VPI and a home made ultrasonic system.
    That being said, the KLaudio was a very well made machine that worked flawlessly for about a year that I used it.
    I guess it does not make sense for someone to spend $4K on the KLaudio when you can very easily make your own DIY US system for about $200. In that respect, even the Kirmuss seems overly expensive.

4. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

Very surprised to hear this. My unit is almost 5 years old now and apart from one warranty repair, it has worked very well for me. Somebody mentioned on another website that there was a difficulty with ‘clogged filters’? My unit developed this problem some time ago too with the result that the reservoir did not empty quickly enough and the cavitation process failed to initiate. It always worked if I withdrew the disc and reinserted it, though. About six months ago, I did a major external cleaning on the filter grill and removed quite a lot of embedded soft lint that was stuck there. Touch wood/Knock on wood, this seems to have solved the problem and the unit has worked properly since then. The KLaudio is far and away the best built US unit available and I am disappointed by this news. I would not be without US cleaning, it works wonders on well looked after vinyl records and even on less than pristine records also. Maybe KLaudio should build it in Japan for reliability reasons, even if it would result in a higher retail price?

5. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Not hype!! US works

Satrus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.