Kylie Minogue: 'Disco' - 15th Studio album (November 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bink, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

This guy's homemade remix is a real grower.

2. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

3. Bink

Bink Forum Resident Thread Starter

rfkavanagh likes this.
  4. rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh Unashamedly Pop!

Here's the behind the scenes video for Say Something - amazing how much more you can see without all that post-production glitter and galaxy stuff...

tin ears and Bink like this.
  5. rfkavanagh

Interesting that they say it's a B&N Exclusive when it's available on Bull Moose as well. Maybe Bull Moose is just importing it for sale themselves? Although it's cheaper on there, which you wouldn't expect an import to be. Maybe the B&N Exclusive sticker is the very thing that makes it an exclusive... :D

I'm still waiting for the turquoise vinyl to show up over here - hasn't appeared on Amazon US yet, but it's an Amazon exclusive in the UK so I'm hoping they allot stock to the US as well.

6. rfkavanagh

Looks like the Disco era is off to a very strong start...

We’re having a fantastic time with Kylie,” said Norbury, BMG UK president, repertoire and marketing. “We’re 100% ahead of where we were [at this stage] on Golden already. That’s on every metric: streaming, social media, Amazon pre-orders, D2C pre-orders, video views. And what's very exciting is the US response, which is the biggest response since the heyday, and there’s already lots of interest at US radio.

Can Kylie Minogue crack the US with her Disco album?

7. rfkavanagh

Say Something stays on the BBC Radio 2 A List for a fourth week.

[​IMG]

Mylene likes this.
  8. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Looking at that list, Radio 2 is quite ‘with it’ now.

9. rfkavanagh

Or even those artists have already graduated to too old for Radio 1... :D

Have you given up on the album-by-album thread?

10. Bobby Morrow

Kind of.:)

It’s one of those situations where everyone is saying everything I was going to write anyway.

Mylene likes this.
  11. rfkavanagh

Like that's ever stopped anyone... :D

Mylene likes this.
  12. Bink

13. rfkavanagh

Say Something stays on the BBC Radio 2 A list for a fifth week - I think the max is six weeks, so it'll be time for the second single soon to keep the promo up...

[​IMG]

Mylene and Bink like this.
  14. rfkavanagh

And now there's a limited edition transparent red 7" vinyl single of Say Something available at the Townsend storefront (Kylie.tmstor.es), and a new remix due next Friday.

[​IMG]

Mylene and tin ears like this.
  15. Pollyjean

Pollyjean Forum Resident

I've got the dark blue vinyl on preorder, I think it looks the best with the cover.

Say Something I think may be her 5th or 6th best first single (plenty of competition but Confide In Me is of course #1) so I am very intrigued to hear the rest of the album. I was wary she would go full 100 Degrees and end up with a very literal interpretation of "Disco" which didn't excite me at all but the lush post-disco sound was a brilliant choice to introduce her new-old sound and I hope she keeps exploring the full scope of what disco can be instead of Bee Gees rehashes.

Mylene, tin ears and rfkavanagh like this.
  16. rfkavanagh

The first official Say Something remix was released a few days ago - remixed by Syn Cole. I'm not a remix guy so it's very rare that a remix is very exciting to me, and this is no different. Sounds pretty generic tropical house, but I suppose it's harmless enough and may help get her on a few playlists. Plus at least it's still recognizable as being the song - I'm always amazed at how so many remixes bear absolutely no resemblance to the original. This kind of omits every production choice that makes the single unique, though! Plus it doesn't include the very Kylie "love is love, it never ends..." coda.

Bink and Mylene like this.
  17. Bink

Yeah, I am not a remix guy either, although I have recently got into the remixes from the SAW era.

I am not even tempted to click on the link you posted simply because it doesn't interest me!

18. Bobby Morrow

We must be due for a new single from Disco soon, right? I’d imagine there’ll be at least 2 more before the album comes out.

19. rfkavanagh

Next single has to be coming soon, but there's still supposed to be a bigger-name remix of Say Something yet to drop.

Also, Kylie is appearing on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon this week as musical guest - presumably she'll perform Say Something on there (remotely), and possibly another song (musical guests on the show have been performing twice during the pandemic - their current single and a cover), but who knows - maybe she'll perform the second single instead. After all, they're always so strategic with US appearances - let's see, so far we had All I See (featuring Mims!) as the US lead single from X, performed horribly in a mushroom-capped wig on US Dancing With The Stars, Locomotion performed on Leno - I mean, they never get it wrong... :D

Should be interesting!

Mylene and Pollyjean like this.
  20. MDNA4ever

MDNA4ever Boys in the Trees

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her music

rfkavanagh likes this.
  21. rfkavanagh

Reminder for those in the US, Kylie appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon tonight! She's confirmed as performing two tracks (assuming nothing changes), one of which is Say Something. 11.35/10.35c

I think it also plays in the UK tomorrow evening (don't know what channel, etc., though). No idea about anywhere else!

[​IMG]

Mylene likes this.
  22. rfkavanagh

Here's the performance from tonight's show - I think this video should work outside the US, too.

The effects are a little over the top and more pronounced than the original '70s reality was, but I kind of like it as a retro-modern twist that no one else has claimed yet - particularly since Miley has gone all-in on the '70s glam make-up and Mackie-esque clothing.

Of course I wish she'd sung live - particularly given the ability to pre-record the performance to ensure quality - but the acoustic-style vocals over the single version backing track worked well.

tin ears, Mylene and Bink like this.
  23. rfkavanagh

For anyone interested, the performance on The Tonight Show was filmed with a vintage 1980s BBC News camera, and Kylie wore a 1983 Antony Price dress. @Bobby Morrow, it's been suggested that the outfit is the same as the one ONJ wore in Livin' In Desperate Times - certainly looks like it... :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. rfkavanagh

Kylie also just performed a great stripped-down, piano-and-vocal-only version of Say Something for Mika's I [​IMG] Beirut online fundraiser concert. No video to share unless you purchase a ticket, but the performance was really simple and well done.

Mark_TB and Mylene like this.
  25. rfkavanagh

New Kylie single Magic will be released this Thursday, the 24th!

[​IMG]