Lalo!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Holy Zoo, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-) Thread Starter

I just received in the mail today a Lalo Schifrin record: The Other Side of Lalo Schifrin.

Audio Fidelity Records, 1966.

Got it off ebay for $5... sealed! I haven't listened yet, but I'm hoping... :)

I'm posting this because I wanted to share this little blurb on the back of the LP cover, which caught my attention:

Gotta love it!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Let us know what it sounds like. Usually records with that much tech talk on the jacket have a boosted "hi-fi" upper midrange that could kill ya.

3. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-) Thread Starter

Will do.

Might give me a chance to try out that built-in eq in the Sony CDR. :)

4. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

That's a name I haven't heard in years. Didn't he have some involvement with the Steve Allen show back in the '60s? In any case, I recall he was on one of Steve's shows promoting an album around that time called, A Whole Lalo Schifrin Going On (or something similar). Seems like Lalo played the piano on that particular show. Steve used to have a wide variety of guests, even had Blue Cheer on once!

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Tele,

You think they saved any of those video tapes? Seems I saw a clip recently with Steve and Terry Gibbs, I guess when he died. Wasn't Regis his second bananna?

6. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

Steve, I'm not sure if any of those shows exist on tape. I've never seen reruns of them anyway. Goldmine once printed a transcript from the Blue Cheer performance so there at least seems to be some kind of archive. Would love to see those shows again. I don't remember if Regis was a sidekick or not, it's been so long ago.

7. Dan

Dan Senior Member

A lot of TV shows are archived but need to be transfered to something more modern to be useful (I forget the format they used, seems to me they were on reels like film)

Anyway, my uncle played with Peter & Gordon in their backup band, and appeared with them on a popular 60's TV show. He found out recently that the tapes of that show still exist and that they can make a VHS copy for him for $400.00!!!!

8. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member

Steve, Reege was Joey Bishop's sidekick on his late night program on ABC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.