Latest CD/Vinyl Purchases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mirror Image, Jun 18, 2018.

1. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Amazon shockingly had that one available through Prime Shipping. Searching via ebay can be a nightmare due to the sheer generalized title, I finally found Volume One via decluttr_store- 5 shipped.
    A few more I have surprisingly were found at local thrifts over the years.

wrappedinsky likes this.
  2. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

I think I see a barcode in the picture of the disc. If it’s a unique one, you can use it to search on eBay and Amazon. Although Amazon doesn’t show UPCs, you can search on them. Amazing what you can find with that trick.

Or you can use EAN/UPC to ASIN tools to find stuff.

c-eling likes this.
  3. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Actually that's what I did with Amazon Joost (barcode), I've never tried with ebay.

4. lesterbangs

lesterbangs Forum Resident

last one ordered: Lorde- Melodrama
    Last one received- Harry Nilsson- Son of Schmilsson

5. lesterbangs

lesterbangs Forum Resident

I was worried that Tell Me How You Really Feel was going to be a let down from Sometimes i Sit and Think. I was so relieved to heard that it's a strong album, and possibly an improvement.

bvb1123 likes this.
  6. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

Yeah I was worried about that too but very pleasantly surprised to hear how great the new album is. It's at least as good, probably better. Haven't lived with it long enough to give it my final verdict but preliminary verdict is very very good.

7. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

CD:

"Who's Next Deluxe" -- I'm been trying to track down a reasonably-priced copy ever since I heard some of the "Live at the Young Vic" at a B&M several years ago.

Looking forward to the live renditions as the studio album is my fave of all Non-Beatle albums.

Dennis Wilson "Pacific Ocean Blue Deluxe" -- two-disc version.

8. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Forum Resident Thread Starter

I received the Henry Cow and Art Bears sets today and what beautiful sets that are! I’m not entirely sure I’ll be a Henry Cow/Art Bears enthusiast as it’s just too ‘out’ for me, but it does make for some interesting listening and works well as a contrast to the more tonal music I listen to. It’s good to have some far out stuff in your collection that way when your friends or someone asks you “What’s the strangest piece of music you’ve ever heard?” You can easily point to something in your collection with no hesitation. :)

9. Floyd Crazy

Floyd Crazy Senior Member

Ian Boddy & Erik Wollo Meridian cd limited to 1000 copies cool synth album on his DIN label also ARC Ian Boddy and Mark Shreeve recorded live I concert at the E-scape electronic music -festival in Suffork uk in 2017 real Berlin school Moog again limited to 1000 copies great albums I have all Ian Boddy's cds amazing artist.

10. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

I'm thinking about getting Joe's Garage from Zappa, but i've been hearing mixed feelings on Act II & Act III.

11. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Plan on getting this in the future once i'm done with my backlog.

[​IMG]

Grohlfan likes this.
  12. Putrifiers II

Putrifiers II Forum Resident

Lonerism by Tame Impala CD - £1 from a charity shop. Haven't listened to it yet.

c-eling likes this.
  13. Floyd Crazy

Just bought Top Gun Soundtrack Sony Columbia Legacy vinyl German pressing,don't buy much new vinyl but this was only £12.99p in local HMV store,shame put in paper inner to tight vinyl paper marked very bad new vinyl hey why can't they use poly inners just to save a few pennies,here goes might play ok,update to follow. Side 1 play good marks only on surface,running order different to sleeve and inner novel but nice surprise to hear side 2 tracks on side 1 and side 1 on side 2,but all forgiven for Take my Breath away alone wonderful bass magical.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  14. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Blind Faith - Blind Faith LP (censored cover) original press with lyric sheet VG+
    Kinks - Sleepwalker LP original press RL in deadwax NM
    Eagles - Live LP with poster VG+
    Chicago - If You Leave Me Now LP, Rhino reissue blue vinyl with silver swirling, new M
    David Bowie - Heathen LP, Barnes & Noble exclusive 180 gram white vinyl with black swirling, new M
    David Bowie - Reality LP, Barnes & Noble exclusive 180 gram orange vinyl with white swirling, new M

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  15. Floyd Crazy

Almost Persuaded Swing out Sister on cd.

16. Floyd Crazy

Just arrived Thomas Dolby The Golden Age of Wireless,European 1st issue 1982 vinyl, amazing like New time warp condition, album never been played till now, stunning pressing, condition to die for.

17. thepigdog

thepigdog Music and beer

Waiting for the arrival of Jimmy Lafave "Peace Town".

18. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Pipes of Peace 2015 2LP Deluxe for $17.31 Fry's so if you want that now Fry's is the place. McCartney.
    Tug of War 2015 2 LP Deluxe for $24 at Barnes and Noble 30% off.

Tug of War sounds great. Some sibilance on Pipes of Peace but it could be my turntable setup.

19. Floyd Crazy

Just got Michael Jackson Thriller 1st Dutch issue n mint vinyl and sleeve+inner,outstanding pressing,clear and bass on Billie Jean just jaw dropping,been after a clean original for a long time,from my amazing seller who's vinyl always like new and the best bit only £10,very pleased.

bluesky and Yost like this.
  20. Floyd Crazy

Just came today Kate Bush The Whole Story Canadian 1st issue vinyl,again my favourite sellers done it again a mint sleeve and n mint copy of this great album DM mastering stunning.

21. Floyd Crazy

Well selling , new vinyl hey, on playing 3 times cut from cd mastering too harsh sound for my ears. Anyway found Original 1986 vinyl for £8 from my excellent seller in n mint,so here's hoping so,fed up with poor new reissue vinyl.

22. frogsborne

frogsborne Forum Resident

A Moon Shaped Pool - Radiohead

23. Yost

I ordered the yellow vinyl for Janelle Monáe’s Dirty Computer. But it won’t be shipped until end of September. :cry:

Just received the 2007 USA Blue vinyl with the Kevin Gray / Steve Hoffman master. But I’m not blown away by it. Still no warmth, although less harsh than my early Japanese CD master. Hoped to find a cheap replacement for the DCC disc, but still feel I have to hunt for it anyway.

24. Yost

The last 3 weeks I found some 25 used CDs in my local thrift store and record shop. All for 1.50 - 2 euros a piece. They were all nice, but there were some awesome items like the MFSL Live At Leeds disc, first pressings of Human League’s Dare (blue face) and Roxy Music’s Stranded (Polydor), a teal “target” Led Zeppelin IV and a “blue swirl” (2nd one) Dire Straits S/T.

OptimisticGoat and c-eling like this.
  25. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just bought:

[​IMG]