Latest/recent DVD movies watched?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ipy, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMT

JMT Senior Member

"W" - 2+ hours of my life I will never get back.

Frost vs. Nixon - Really liked it. I thought Frank Langella played the part of Nixon perfectly.

2. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

Armageddon -- Always been a fan of this movie.

3. Pulled out two classic Judy Holliday dvds last night, Born Yesterday and Sold Gold Cadillac. Tonight it's The Trail of the Lonesome Pine.

4. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

Red

The one about the old guy and his dog which some teenage boys kill. Not too shabby. The story is a bit predictible but a decent film nevertheless.

5. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I was helping my elderly neighbor operate her DVD player. She'd forgotten how to change to the video input......she just got Born Yesterday and something else on DVD.....anyway, I get to borrow Born Yesterday which I've never seen and another elder film. I saw a few minutes that wet my appetite.

6. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Watched the Criterion Vampyr tonight. Odd movie but wonderful cinematography

7. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

Dazed and Confused -- Amazing like always!

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Beyond Suspicion...we enjoyed this!
    I'm amazed how much better this DVD looks as compared to many of the recent DVDs out there!...seems like they are dumbing down the quality of DVD for Blu-ray...

9. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

The sad thing is that these crappy looking recent DVDs are mostly the ones they're using for in store ''side by side'' comparison, at least the ones i've seen.

10. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

Watched "Blood Simple" for the first time. Mad respect for the Coen brothers first film.

11. Rachael Bee

I got out my Donnie Brasco BD because I was in a gangsta' mood. Great film, I needed a dose of Depp....

12. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

Oooooh I haven't seen that since it originally came out. I think I'll go add it to my Netflix queue, thanks Rachael Bee.

13. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Love that movie :)

It only has one flaw IMO, why does the lead kid touch his nose so much?

14. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

Yea, that part gets to me ever since I first noticed it. Mitch Kramer with Samantha outside the billiards, I tried counting how many times he touches his face/head in just that one scene, and I lost count. But it still doesn't take away from the greatness!

That's one of those movies you see or hear something different each time.

15. Rat44

Rat44 Forum Resident

Deathproof.
    I am glad I didn't buy this.
    Sad to think this is from the same people that gave us Planet Terror.

16. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

All of the ads for Inglourious Basterds got me in the mood to watch my BD of The Dirty Dozen.

Regards,

17. wave

wave Forum Resident

I've seen bits and pieces of Papillon over the years, but just got around to watching it all the way through last night. Even at 2 1/2 hours I had no problem sitting through all of it. McQueen was in pretty good acting form, which wasn't exactly his strong suit IMO. I had to replay the upside-down slo-mo camera scene a few times because it kind of came out of nowhere (Papillon's hallucination) and looked really good visually. When the camera stops on the two dead prisoners and Papillon slowly says, "Yooooouuurrrr Deeeeaaaaad," I have to admit I got a little spooked.

18. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

Watched ''Babel'' last night, great movie, but please no more masturbation scenes. i almost stopped watching.:shake:

19. zappa

zappa New Member

the incubus- 1981, john cassavetes
    angel of death- 2009, zoe bell
    the manipulator aka bj lang presents- 1971, mickey rooney

20. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

watched The Great Escape over the weekend, had not seen it for couple of years great movie.

21. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Watched the 1920 Der Golem last night. Odd in that there was no audio track at all. Weird to watch something completely silent.

22. Rachael Bee

I watched in on HD Net Movies last year. It was intresting but I wouldn't want to sit through it again....anytime soon, if ever...?

23. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

DVD - The Monster Legacy Collections - Frankenstein (1931) Bride Of Frankenstein (1935) Son Of Frankenstein (1939)

24. Ray K.

Ray K. New Member

I saw that once with Gary Lucas providing a live soundtrack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.