Led Zeppelin - 2007 Show (DVD/CD)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmuckler

shmuckler Forum Resident

Oh yes, just saw that too. My guess: LZ 4 with extras.

2. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

Attached Files:

3. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Will it come out on the 5 year anniversary?

4. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Agreed.

And why isn't the 2003 DVD set on Blu-ray Disc yet?

5. melkor_morgoth

melkor_morgoth The Real Toe

Don't be so hasty! Only time will tell what may happen.

6. 007james

007james Forum Resident

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the constant scene change. Hopefully the 02 concert won't be as heavily edited......

7. Phan71

Phan71 Forum Resident

I think the FIVE might be the start of a countdown to an announcement, be it O2 or something else. The day before the FIVE appeared, there was just a "Hello".

8. melkor_morgoth

Looking back through the past few pages, doesn't look like anyone has posted this.

:)

EDIT: For anyone too lazy to click on the link, it's a Tweet made by Jimmy's manager Peter Mensch from July 9th, which reads: "today, Moulder continues with his stellar mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here" (emphasis added).

9. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I'd like both...the setlists for the 2000 tour contained a number of variants from the Greek theater album, not to mention having professional video would be great. Loved that tour, but I'm also a big Crowes fan.

10. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I think one can safely say Plant probably "touched-up" vocals and Page "touch-up" guitar parts.

If this is the O2 concert, then perhaps there will be some bonus DVD content such as additional 1975 Earls Court performances. One can hope.

11. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

My choice for bonus features would be Candy Store Rock from Montreux.

12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Not only is this year the 5th anniversary but they played on Monday Dec 10th, 2007 and this year Dec 10th lands on a Monday as well.

I think the 5 refers to possibly both or one of the actually 5 year anniversary and also a count down to an announcement. We'll see if the 5 turns to 4 soon enough.

13. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I can't find any details re: bonus features but I have a feeling it won't be anything from the archives. I think they'll keep this as a standalone release and make it about this one show. Could be wrong but that's the feeling I get.

Of course archive stuff we haven't seen would be nice. :)

14. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

At first I thought you were nuts and then remembered Page and Plant played there in 2001. :)

15. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I hadn't seen any footage of the show, and checked out the 1-minute clip of Black Dog. I just can't get used to those songs down a whole step down.

16. melkor_morgoth

I'd rather the songs be adjusted to accomodate Robert than hear him cracking constantly, ala McCartney.

It's effing Zeppelin, people! C'mon! :p

17. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

The Grateful Dead has shown that releasing raw soundboard stereo tapes is a viable business model, and Zep has a ton of those, many of which have leaked.

As for multis, I can't add much to your list except that:
    -- Jason Bonham told me Bath was recorded and he'd heard the tapes, FWIW.
    -- Contrary to rumor, '77 shows were recorded (they'd have been crazy not to record that tour). Finding the tapes? Different story.
    -- Denver promoter Barry Fey swears the first show -- Dec. 26, 1968 -- was recorded. Finding the tapes? Different story. I've gone through his collection and that of the radio station that allegedly recorded it with no results.
    --1973: Philly was also recorded and partially filmed. It's out there.
    -- 2007: Rehearsals were recorded and have leaked, exact same setlist as the final show, so don't expect some surprise gem to pop up.
    -- 1979: I've heard rumor that the Copenhagen warm-up dates for Knebworth were professionally recorded. Just a rumor -- this is the most unlikely scenario of all I've outlined.

18. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

19. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Dunno about anything on the 77 tour existing in a multi-track format (assuming by professionally recorded you mean multi-tracks). Recording a show to multi-track isn't a small process. If they were recorded I think we'd have some sort of proof about it. But so far nothing. No photos, no one mentioning it.... You'd think there would have been at least one person involved with those tours that would have said something by now.

It seems so unlikely that they would have had a professional recorded to multi-track in 1977 and then lost the tapes and then who ever has the tapes never bothered to tell the band he had them and they could buy them. Of course stranger things have happened!

Now if you mean 1977 exist as soundboards then yeah that's likely going to be true.

I have Barry Fey's book and he mentions the show (interesting story as well, interesting book in general) but I can't recall him mentioning anything in his book about it being recorded. Maybe the headline act was recorded? Zeppelin only got on the bill as a last minute addition and only because Vanilla Fudges manager asked Barry to include them (according to Barry).

Here's some info for those that are interested: http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/december-26-1968

20. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

You know I barely noticed. But then again I was there and wasn't listening out for that. I was just pleased to be able to witness this event.

But listening to the bootlegs I don't really notice it either. I mean it's been done but it doesn't really bother me. I just focus on the show.

21. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

Surely any bonus features would include footage from the support acts of the Ahmet Tribute show, Maggie Bell, Foreigner, Paolo Nutini, Bill Wyman, Paul Rodgers et al?

22. BPrice

BPrice Senior Member

I remember hearing that BD clip for the first time, and just thinking how heavy it sounded tuned down like that. There were some flubs in D&C, but likewise, it just sounds very heavy and ominous tuned down. Bring it on...this is gonna be great!

23. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Thanks for that! Good news :). To all the people that want something else, would you rather have nothing than this release? I wouldn't!

Looking forward to it!

24. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

I would rather have nothing as from a musical and performance point of view the O2 show was a bad performance based on just being loud having kicked out all the subtlety which is a constituent element of Zeppelin.

I especially find Page's playing very annoying:almost just heavy riffs but no decent soloing.Must have to do with the illness in his hands.

25. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

On another forum (Royal-orleans.com) someone pointed out that if you count down the five days you hit Sept 12th and it was Sept 12th 2007 that the official 02 news hit the streets. (Well actually it hit the streets well before that on the FBO list...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.