Legendary Heart Vocalist Ann Wilson Announces New Album FIERCE BLISS (04/29/2022)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Has anyone heard the vinyl of this? Decent pressing?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Trace

Trace Senior Member

^ Ordered it today. Will post when it arrives.

Porkpie likes this.
  3. Trace

Trace Senior Member

Decent flat pressing. A little bit of noise on the lead in, and a mark on side 1 that doesn't affect play.

A good, rockin' blues-y kind of sound. I like it and think the more I listen it will grow even more on me.

I could live without the Queen cover, but it's not awful.

[​IMG]

4. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Thanks for the review. How is the level of surface noise on the quieter passages?

5. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Good for Ann! She's sounding very good. Rock on baby girl!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Good stuff from a legend.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

It's really too bad they deleted one of the songs from the vinyl... it's a good one too!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I'll just add that Ann sounds really incredible on this new disc...just blows my mind that someone of her caliber can still bring it after 45+ years of belting it out.

Muzyck, Trace, pghmusiclover and 2 others like this.
  9. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Her rendition of Trower's "Bridge of Sighs" with Kenny Wayne Shepherd on guitar is nothing short of stunning. Ann can still belt it out like nobody else in rock nowadays, she hasn't lost a note.

10. frcnorth

frcnorth Forum Resident

Bridge of Sighs is what brought me to this album and two other songs have risen to the forefront, Black Wing and Forget Her. Ann and Kenny Wayne do the classic Trower song justice. To rival Dewar's voice is a master feat and one that requires great respect for the original. Stunning is a great way to describe it.

Mooglander, slovell and pghmusiclover like this.
  11. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Myself as well. When I saw Bridge of Sighs on the tracklist I had to hear her sing it and KWS play it. Just an absolutely killer track and worth buying the album just to hear them do it.

frcnorth likes this.
  12. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

I was ready to be disappointed. First listen this afternoon and I really like it. Ann sounds fantastic.

Matthew Tate and Curveboy like this.
  13. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. I was afraid maybe Ann had finally lost her edge on her vocals. Some of the youtube videos she seemed winded and not able to support her voice.

But I was listening on my way to breakfast this morning and was like "Dang she sounds fantastic." Even the little rough edges that speckle her rock majesties voice sound cool. Very Heart like in places but some interesting lyrics, great chord patterns in the song "Black Wing" and man "Bridge Of Sighs" is just a perfect cover for Ann Wilson, isnt it?

Fine effort from the Royal Rocker. I like the Budgie like album cover. Ann is those colors. So definitely fits.

Im going to say this is my classic artists new release of the year and goes on my list. Sounds pretty open and sweet also.

Man this lady can still sing. I may go see Heart since they are touring in 2023. Havent since the early 80s.

14. Joel Zerns

Joel Zerns Forum Resident

15. pghmusiclover

GoodKitty, Matthew Tate and Muzyck like this.
  16. pghmusiclover

17. Adfly7

Adfly7 Nebula 2 Closed Galaxy Bend

Amazing vocalist

stever and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. pghmusiclover

Here is the lyric video (and studio version) of the first single, "This Is Now":

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. stever

stever Senior Member

I just discovered, Fierce Bliss, and, now, Another Door. One of rock’s great vocalists. These seem like two quality rock albums. Who/what is, Tripsitter?

20. krisjay

Grabbed a signed copy of the vinyl Another Door. I like what I've heard, and have no problem supporting Ann, she has given me many many hours of blissful singing, and great songs.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  21. pghmusiclover

Just a reminder this was released on digital platforms today.

This new album is incredible! Looking forward to the vinyl in November!

Matthew Tate and Porkpie like this.
  22. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I'm going to give you these names to remember...

Tripsitter
    Paul Moak
    Tony Lucido
    Sean T. Lane
    Ryan Wariner
    Tom Bukovac

Now, the Google isn't being helpful, telling me there is a band in Vegas with this name and a band in Australia; so I don't know if either are this Tripsitter or if this is a third band with the name. That said...these are some incredible musicians.

And Ann? Well...let's say this isn't a belter album. No real "wow" moment. Because almost every word out of her mouth is a wow moment. This is a vocalist in full command of her talents. A road warrior seasoned to perfection. This is a real banger as the kids say.

[​IMG]

AussieMuso, carlwm and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Haven't been sold on anything coming out if the Heart camp for a long time but this album is a belter.

AussieMuso, Matthew Tate and Curveboy like this.
  24. krisjay

Loving Another Door album. Best stuff in years, maybe decades.

25. krisjay

Just saw video of Nancy playing with Ann and Tripsitter in Santa Rosa. Ann wasn't looking in great shape. Possibly illl or something? Hope she is doing ok.

carlwm and Matthew Tate like this.