Lesser known Australian Musical Artists*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, Mar 11, 2018.

1. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

4/5 of the classic ACDC lineup were born Brits, just thought I'd leave that here...

2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

3. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

that's cool. there's no inflection in text.

Deek57 likes this.
  4. 'Roaring Jack' - Lads of the BLF. Great rabble-rousing singalong tune.

'Roaring Jack' had (have?) a bit of a cult following in the UK, due pretty much entirely to their links with one-time member, the Scot Alistair Hulett, who, in turn gained wider recognition here in the UK, following his work with Dave Swarbrick.

Best Wishes,
    David

mark winstanley likes this.
  5. mark winstanley

hahaha nooooooooo

6. Paul Middleton

Paul Middleton Forum Resident

Great live band but always seemed to be a bit "lacking" on record. Just my opinion, mind.

7. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Wolfmother
    Spiderbait

mark winstanley likes this.
  8. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

[​IMG]

ispace and Mylene like this.
  9. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

Seeing that this forum has a few more mature members who like their music to be late 60's early 70's heres a few Aussie hard rock classics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mikmcmee, D.B. and mark winstanley like this.
  10. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Craig McLachlan

sharedon and ispace like this.
  11. mark winstanley

i love music and know from experience that a lot of aussie bands struggle due to our small population. i also know that it always used to be hard to break into the overseas market due to the distance. thankfully the internet has made that a little easier for the newer bands

12. His cover of the Cole Porter song 'I Get A Kick Out Of You' was released as a single and was picked up and strongly supported by John Peel.

That support reached a critical mass; the song was picked up by other radio presenters, got a lot of airplay and became a hit.

A shame none of his other (just as good) material didn't receive similar support.

Best Wishes,
    David

13. mark winstanley

kev is hilarious. i don't know that his particular form of anti-political correctness would go well in the u.s.
    i played a guy at work a couple of kev's classics and after he picked his jaw up off the floor he laughed his ar$e off

ispace likes this.
  14. Paul Middleton

I'd also love to add Mi-Sex but am completely coherent they're from New Zealand. Wish they were ours!

hi_watt likes this.
  15. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

;)

16. mark winstanley

yea, i know that one too

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  17. Kingsley Fats

The Canadians should like him. He wrote a song especially for them - Do you know it ?

18. mark winstanley

yea the living end are great. i loved prisoner of society ... in fact that whole first album was great

adriatikfan likes this.
  19. Paul Middleton

The Cruel Sea

mikmcmee, ripdan, glennzo and 8 others like this.
  20. IanM007

IanM007 CDs, please!

I'd recommend you try the rest of them! Loads of stuff on streaming platforms and YT of course.

21. Paul Middleton

The Screaming Tribesmen

mikmcmee, Azura, ispace and 3 others like this.
  22. mark winstanley

not my cup of tea, but certainly aussie

23. Kingsley Fats

There are plenty of Aussie rockabilly style atrists/bands that are far better than Living End - less commercial more authentic

Benny & The Fly By Niters
    Pat Capocci
    Red Rivers
    Louis King & The Liars Klub
    Rockbottom James & The Detonators

just for starters

mikmcmee likes this.
  24. mark winstanley

not sure. kev's back is the only album i am totally familiar with

25. Kingsley Fats

He's become a great actor