Let It Be - DVD out (not realli)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sckott, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

Did anyone go out of their way and get the 2-DVD set of the Beatles' "Let It Be"? I was about to buy it, and then thought, well..... If some dink did MPEG-2 capture from the pale-looking VHS, this would be a soaking for $35.

Anyone know? Was it any good?

2. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

I haven't picked one up, but I saw one on DVD the other day at a friends store, I think on single disk. It was transferred from laser disk, looked ok better than nothing. I picked up Beatles on Sullivan DVD instead though, not bad.

3. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

As an aside, it is rumoured (the source: Beatlefest's Mark Lapidos at the recent NY convention) that Apple is ready to release LIB on dvd within the year. The film was restored and has been sitting in the Apple vaults for about 5 years now.

4. Bill

Bill Senior Member

What are the odds that George's "I'll play whatever you want or not play at all if that pleases you" exchange with Paulie gets the axe?
    Ah, revisionist history!

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

No way. Can't change that one. That IS history.

6. feinstein

feinstein Member

If you listen to the Let It Be outtakes on the 17 disc set "30 Days", you'll see that George's real problem during the "Let It Be" sessions was with Lennon, not McCartney. Lennon during this period was addicted to heroin, involved 100% with Yoko, and producing mediocre material while Harrison was coming up with excellent material (All Things Must Pass, Let It Down, etc etc) and getting very frustrated with Lennon's non-involvement with the sessions. The encounter with McCartney in "Let It Be" apparently was a one-off problem. The film did not show that Lennon was the real cause of Harrison's ire.

7. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Can you imagine George's reaction when, say, All Things Must Pass didn't make the cut for the Let It Be album but Dig It did? I would ask, what were these people smoking, but I think we know!

8. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I highly doubt it. That's on part 8 of the Beatles Anthology video set, so I don't think they want to pretend said conversation didn't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.