Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Releases! (Content and Sound Quality Discussion Only)!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bruce Burgess, Jul 16, 2020.

1. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

My advice is not to read the brilliant Get Back book until the six hour film comes out because the book has loads of great spoilers.

2. Calico

Calico Senior Member

This is from the book included in the deluxe box set, which I received one hour ago.

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

:righton:

ODIrony likes this.
  4. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Every Grain of Sand (or was it vodka )

Lewisboogie and Arnold Grove like this.
  5. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

I thought this forum peaked when some people on here had a meltdown because McCartney 3 was delayed from release by a week, but this is something else :D

6. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Looks to be the afternoon concert:
    [​IMG]

The group performed two shows on this date, at 4.30pm and 9.30pm, at the Velodromo Vigorelli in Milan. The velodrome seated 22,000 people, although neither of the concerts was a sell-out: the afternoon performance was seen by 7,000, and the evening concert attracted 20,000. The poor showing in the afternoon was blamed by Brian Epstein on the fact that many Beatles fans would have been in school or work. Local press reports suggested high ticket prices and hot weather may have also been contributory factors.

7. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

At that point we’ll witness a few more years of moaning and bashing, rest assured :winkgrin:
    This forum is great, but quite a few of its members are.. just too much, the way I see it.

I respect every polite opinion, but let me tell ya that reading this thread here is like visiting the Cappella Sistina in Rome and coming back telling everybody that, although restored, still it looks a bit old, like 500 years old!

Well, thank you very much. That is Michelangelo’s masterpiece, not some street work painted last night on a subway station :tiphat:

8. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

Novel idea around here! Even the trailer has to be perfect :laughup:

9. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Just one more day until we can start obsessing about what the next big audio release we might get from the Beatles.

I strangely love visiting this forum in the build-up to a Beatles release, but my visits drop following release. The anticipation, and conversation, to me is as much a part of the package as the music these days. Thanks to you all, enjoy the new release whenever it hits your player of choice!

10. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Done exactly this. Read the two introductions and put the book away until late November after I’ve seen the series. Will happily content myself with the 5CD/BR SDE tomorrow.

11. green_ovation

I know! If The Beatles were colored green in the film, I could understand all the negativity. It’s 50-year old, never before seen footage, in some cases. But they are giving us a 6-hour treasure trove here.
    It just goes to show that at this forum, just like in real life, you just cannot please some people. Some people just do not want to be pleased.
    As for me, I’m going to enjoy my boxset over the weekend. I’ll look forward to this movie for the next 6 weeks, and I’ll more than likely enjoy that immensely as well.if the book and a possible soundtrack album happen to come my way, I’m sure I’ll enjoy them as well.
    This is a great time to be a Beatles fan for me. I’ll leave the whining to others.

12. brettster808

brettster808 Forum Resident

For those who don't understand why some are bothered by the slick look of the new film, think of the digital scrubbing as visual "auto-tune."

13. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

It's not akin to this, as it doesn't improve 'performance', just 'recording'. It's more like increasing the volume of the bass and treble on a remixed track from the 60s/70s to make it sound more modern. That said, it's not as offensive.

14. green_ovation

If there’s no soundtrack album, there’s really no telling when another Beatles release may come or what it might be. That’s the sad part.
    I agree with you about coming here being a big part of the buildup. I joined in 2018 and it’s fun to learn things here, and fun to deal with most of the people. Some are just too much, but the good outweighs the bad most of the time.
    Have a great Beatles weekend yourself!

Cledwyn and autumn daze like this.
  15. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Believe me, I couldn’t be bothered in a million years by this movie.
    Been watching all those crap quality 3rd generation VHS bootlegs for too many years.

I’m a simple happy man..

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  16. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Linda offering tea and sympathy lol.

mitch7 likes this.
  17. SebUK

SebUK Forum Resident

This one track is still my holy grail for a super hi-fi film and audio version

18. dee

dee Senior Member

Not surprised. That's part of his...vision.
    I've never likes it but I'll be watching this movie too.

19. dee

dee Senior Member

So this is a 6 hour movie? Or series?

warewolf95 likes this.
  20. Fab Four Revolution

Fab Four Revolution Forum Resident

3 episodes at 2 hours each.

BeatleJWOL and dee like this.
  21. dee

dee Senior Member

Thank You.

Fab Four Revolution likes this.
  22. Country Rocker

Country Rocker Forum Resident

Apologies if this has already been covered. Is the remixed album significantly different? Any thoughts on certain tracks and how they have been remixed?

23. baitzahn

baitzahn Forum Resident

One tiny complaint I have belonging the trailer: Right at the end when there is the count in to the Rooftop concert, the subtitles read "John Lennon: One two three four". But it's actually George who does the count in.

aina and ODIrony like this.
  24. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

This should be on a cd. This is what we want.

joy stinson and Cledwyn like this.
  25. Fab Four Revolution

Fab Four Revolution Forum Resident

It’s just after midnight on Friday the 15th here in NZ and so it’s dropped on Spotify. Time to put on my headphones, snuggle into bed and start listening to some new Beatles!

Still amazes me that I get to hear new material from them, even if it is only outtakes and the like. There’s always something new to appreciate in amongst these alternative takes. Why just today I was appreciating the hell out of the keys on the Trident mix of I Want You (She’s So Heavy) on the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road! They absolutely kill it in that version (and I’m pretty sure that take was sampled in LOVE even?).

Anyway. Even if this might be the boxset some are looking forward to the least, I think we can all agree it is a very good time to be a Beatles fan :)

[​IMG]