Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Releases! (Content and Sound Quality Discussion Only)!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bruce Burgess, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Mike M

Mike M Forum Resident

In the Lewisohn book there is also the story of him sleeping with the old large German bar maid in Hamburg, which the rest of the guys seemed amazed at.

Detroit Rock Citizen and 2141 like this.
  2. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

"What's he doing with her?"

Mike M likes this.
  3. 2141

2141 Forum Resident

Not sure that's totally comparable, but I get your drift. lol

DK Pete and Mike M like this.
  4. Mike M

Mike M Forum Resident

I think for these guys back when they were young, it might have been "any port in a storm" kind of thing.

5. 2141

2141 Forum Resident

But Eleanor Bron was quite desirable in her day. George also seemed to have an eye for her, at least in the film. :agree:

6. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

Not cool at all. I have literally been sending back more Amazon items than I have been keeping. Shipping expensive boxsets in envelopes is pure insanity and I have complained to Amazon in the past about this to no avail.

recordromantic, sgtpppr84 and 2141 like this.
  7. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Yes, the lyric book.

Mike M likes this.
  8. Mike M

Mike M Forum Resident

The film btw, he mentions the double track at 1:06

9. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Despite some critical reevaluation, I still can't really stay in January 1969 for too long, because I know more about Twickenham than Apple, so it casts a pall over the sessions.

I want to keep exploring to 'pre-game' for 11/25, but I might end up going back to '66, '65, '64, '63 (Revolver, Rubber Soul, US & UK Beatlemania).

Lewisboogie and BeatlesBop like this.
  10. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Looks like The Ken Dodd Show.

Do we know why this 1973-4 footage was shot?

11. Mike M

Mike M Forum Resident

When reading the new Get Back book, its such a relief when Twickenham is over and Billy Preston shows up at Apple.

12. Mike M

Mike M Forum Resident

The clip is even more interesting to me now, since there is a moment in the Get Back book where George says he doesn't want to tour, and Paul mentions that he likes to watch old films of them, or something like that.

Lewisboogie and batdude98 like this.
  13. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Mike M likes this.
  14. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

Now that I've checked and compared in my DAW, I am sure that the new remix of the single version of "Let it Be" is the 2015 Remix with new mastering. 2015 version peaks at -0.5 while the new one peaks at -1.0

Sorry if this is old news. This thread is huge.

Paul H and crossroads69 like this.
  15. hlennarz

hlennarz Forum Resident

Yeah, previous experience with a limited to 1000 copies vinyl from amazon italy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was literally shipped in a lose paper-bag. I was hoping this was just a one-time fluke. But sadly not.

marklamb likes this.
  16. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Not old as far as I know...although the previous box set masterings of single remixes are very similar to the 1+ versions - why fix what's not broken from the Beatles' team's perspective?

17. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Could the synergy between Paul and the Beatles' account here perhaps signal the seeds of a Revolver set soon??

[​IMG]

Olivier Northern Son and Mike M like this.
  18. hlennarz

hlennarz Forum Resident

This was mentioned before. It's the 2015 mix with different EQ. I mean on the box it's listed as "New version of original single" wich is still true for a 2015 mix.

For some reason it's listed as "Single Version 2021 Mix" from the digital release files, wich is a bit more misleading.

19. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Scene at 6.30 on which both Ken Dodd and the Beatles were guests that day. The footage of George was done when he visited his dad in 1976 and agreed to an interview to plug 33&1/3 as a favour to Johnny Hamp who was the first tv producer to put the Beatles on TV in 1962 and who basically ran Granada tv in 1976.

20. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

It still does but these aren't the only old tapes that have it.

21. Detroit Rock Citizen

It's make out music pure and simple. Our parents were not fools

bonsaipark, BeatlesBop and DK Pete like this.
  22. Detroit Rock Citizen

23. Detroit Rock Citizen

It will still be going by the 25th of November. The difference is that we might be able to keep up with it. ;)

24. Mike M

Mike M Forum Resident

Yeah, true, I just think you might get the most unbiased telling of their story from him is the others are gone. He has no axe to grind or anything to protect.

DK Pete likes this.
  25. Detroit Rock Citizen

What makes you think that the stand alone would sound any different than the first CD of the boxset? We've been kind of making this comparison all along. I myself believe that the new mix will be my go to for now on.

DK Pete likes this.