Let It Be/Get Back 50th Anniversary Releases! (Content and Sound Quality Discussion Only)!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bruce Burgess, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Mike M

Mike M Forum Resident

2. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

3. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

I wish the isolated orchestrations were on the box, but I understand why they aren't.

4. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

They could take a page from the Ultimate Lennon editions on that one...

Mike M, fishcane and batdude98 like this.
  5. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

A Beatles Evolution Mixes disc would have been perfect for this release specifically!!!

*sigh*

6. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Meanwhile, Fly On The Wall itself is basically the precursor to the audio Evolution Documentaries. The Imagine box has its own sort of "fly on the wall" bit with the Tittenhurst Park section.

7. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Yes, and wonderful extra outtakes, raw studio mixes, like God Save Oz, Crippled Inside Bass And Drums, and the Quadrasonic mix.

Wonderful set, but I digress.

Q: Was Let It Be or any other Beatles records retroactively mixed into quad? I know Imagine, BOTR, and Walls and Bridges were...

Lewisboogie and joy stinson like this.
  8. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

I seem to remember reading on this forum that some nutter tried making a Quad Pepper in the 70s? As an experiment, I suppose, to see if it could be done

9. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

And Venus And Mars, too!

Lewisboogie and joy stinson like this.
  10. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

And a few of those tracks leaked some years ago.

aphexj and joy stinson like this.
  11. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

Looking to pick up the 5lp box soon. I read somewhere there was a second pressing of this? Is that right? A bit worried about this distortion problem a lot of people seem to be complaining about.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  12. rafael_szot

rafael_szot Forum Resident

13. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

And just to once again clarify, Spector did this why?...

joy stinson likes this.
  14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I think this is beautiful.

Whether it belongs on the Beatles version is another thing.

One thing I believe: Spector truly did his best to create a great album.

wayneklein, gswan, Ken Wood and 12 others like this.
  15. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

His reasoning was that they asked him to make a commercially viable album. For that specific song: in one interview he said that John's bass playing was just awful, "all the wrong notes", etc. so I guess he tried to "mask" it? I still don't understand why couldn't he mute the bass track or filter it out somehow if it was such an issue.

16. Mike M

Mike M Forum Resident

John Lennon, one of the greatest singers, songwriters, and rhythm guitarists, who ever lived.

But he should have never gone near a bass.

You realize why they hated it when Paul played piano, they traded one of the greatest bass players of all time, for only a fair to middling piano player.

ODIrony likes this.
  17. Darryl D.

Darryl D. Forum Resident

Paul's piano playing is above average - certainly better than John's - but Billy Preston was right there! "Hey Billy, why don't you have a go at this one?" Oh well.

Floater and Lewisboogie like this.
  18. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Lets give some credit to Richard Hewson as well, who wrote the arrangement. While Paul disliked Phil's work, he liked Richard and soon hired him to write all the arrangements for Thrillington.

theMess, Ryan Lux, supermd and 2 others like this.
  19. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Just listening to Anthology Vol.1 tonight, and enjoying the boys contending with One After 909 at the beginning of the decade. And then to compare it to the version in Get Back and Let it Be, where the lads finally nailed it...that makes me happy!

theMess, supermd, maui jim and 5 others like this.
  20. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

Picked up the 5lp set, unfortunately I’m getting the distortion problem :( . Anyone had any luck returning and swapping for another set? I purchased through Amazon but I guess I am wasting my time trying/hoping for a better. What a shame as the content is great. Can’t believe they let this problem slip through QC.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  21. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

Are the current Beatles deluxe LP boxes going out of print? The official website US and Uk don't seem to feature them except the upcoming Revolver set. The US only has the Abbey Road set listed.

joy stinson likes this.
  22. All these boxes go out of print.The issue isn’t pressing more LP’s or CD’s but doing another production run of the packaging.I’ve seen figures that indicate a very big percentage of sales of all box sets occur as preorders or in week 1.
    The labels don’t want to have thousands or even tens of thousands sitting around for years waiting for a small number of buyers to show up or having to discount them heavily to move them.Their perfect scenario is to shift all their stock in a couple of months.

Sean Murdock and joy stinson like this.
  23. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

I'm definitely aware that they would cease production of these sets at some point, evidently there are still many out there via some retail and web stores. I'd be interested to get some figures as to how many were pressed during initial and possibly followup runs.

24. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Just "rhythm guitarist"? That's all him on the single version of Revolution. His guitar playing smokes on that cut.

Mike M likes this.
  25. galone_es

galone_es Forum Resident

I intended to purchase the Super Deluxe edition on CD of this album , mainly to have the high-resolution version from the Blu-ray disc.

But I am afraid you cannot select tracks at random on a Blu-ray Audio disc.
    You can only go from one track to the next or previous one, using the up / down arrow keys,
    but you cannot not jump directly to any track in one step.

I am not sure whether the situation described above also applies to the Blu-ray Audio included on the box-set of
    Let it Be. Can anyone confirm this ?