Let It Be Naked...What Do We Think?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by whoompley, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

I agree!

How could have as he was on tour. He just wasn't there to influence the people who worked on the project.

He more than likely heard it when it was finally finished and just said, Yeah that was the noise we'd made in the studio at the time". He liked it for that reason. I'm sure he's right in making that statement!

2. claymcc

claymcc Forum Resident

Nice to hear a different take on the disc -- but it would be nice to have well-mastered versions of all the original albums first.

The really essential bit would be the film, which still isn't available.

3. Tim Casey

Tim Casey Active Member

If anyone's still reading this far down, I have to admit I was extremely skeptical about it (especially after seeing the horrible title and graphics). But hearing it all the way through brought tears to my eyes. This is what they were trying to do and never got around to finishing; it's just too bad that George and John never got to hear it this way. It actually reminds me of "With the Beatles"; two guitars, bass, drums, from a killer combo having a great time. It really is too bad that they had so many negative vibes about these sessions.

4. Beatle Terr

We all would like what you mentioned above the best sounding original masters and perhaps a nice new version with added footage of Let It Be in 5:1 sound with all kinds of extra features added to the DVD:thumbsup:

5. joelcrowservo

joelcrowservo Forum Resident

After living with "LIB..N" for a while, Ive decided its OK, but I probably will reach for the original album if I wanna hear these tracks. The drums (especially the toms) have no depth to them anymore, no punch. Now, yes, Billys organ is much more audible, and the overall seperation is indeed much better on here. But the one thing that bothers me is during "LIB" itself. Is it just me or has someone tampered with the backing 'ooh's just before the second verse? Theres a 'lilt' right at the end that, while it sounds cool, I had never heard before, and I dont think it was there. If indeed this was added, thats the kind of tampering we don't need. And Georges solo during this track is a sheer afterthought; the LP solo could have been used.
    Again, overall I say its OK, but until Apple starts taking the fans into consideration and uts this ridiculous "1 Generation' idea, we can look forward to more of these basically inconsequential releases. Give the public mono "Pepper". Now that would be a revelation for many!

6. joelcrowservo

joelcrowservo Forum Resident

By the by, I might add this: Ive seen lots of vitrolic McCartney bashing thrown around before and since this CD. And its really gotten out of hand, I think. Yeah, maybe he looks out for #1 much of the time, but I cant begrudge (too much) the man who gave us those great bass lines.

7. Officially. There is European release of Let it be DVD. Had it some time ago passed it to some Beatles fan - too boring for me.

8. Beatle Terr

There are a lot of Bootlegs being sold that are from Russia. Both 1 and 2 disc sets! Really don't think they are Legal ore Officail here in our markets:D

9. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

And such great music!

Sean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.