Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Let's talk about eBay's "eBay International Standard Delivery" service. Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by giantleech, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

GSP is a solution to sellers and Ebay's problem of buyers claiming they didn't receive an item as well as varying importation rules. Of course as the OP found out, the GSP doesn't proactively do anything about customs except include known fees into its cost structure. GSP could load that automatically for the seller without anything else.As to the first point there is already a solution, namely the international tracking system used by national postal services. Also Ebay allows sellers to exclude buyers from countries the seller doesn't want to ship to.

So the GSP actually doesn't solve any problems really except give sellers freedom to ship to countries they wouldn't otherwise. GSP of course charges substantially more for the shipping than other forms sometimes up to 50 0r 60% more. In return the buyer gets for their money excessive delays, inaccurate or no tracking information, lost items, and damaged parcels. Not once for me has a GSP item come in on even their excessively extended due date. They lost 2 items, damaged one and the rest came in late, very late. Part of the problem seems the high rate of handoffs that occur within GSP. On some items I had 4, I repeat, 4 different tracking numbers applied to 1 item

Therefore I have stopped buying from Any seller who uses the GSP program. I select tracking by their postal service and get it twice as fast as GSP.

2. thewonders

thewonders Someone that I used to know

I've gotten complaints from buyers about how expensive eBay Global Shipping is for them. I don't use it anymore and use https://www.pirateship.com for both domestic and International shipping.

3. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

GSP is a joke. Imagine buying a $15 used album then getting hit with GSP. Just charge $24 USPS or better yet don't ship international.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

eBay has started printing all the costs on the invoice/receipts you print.

I am kind of shocked. I knew it was costly to buy something from the US via this service, but I didn't realize HOW costly. I mean, the buyer knows up front this is how much it is going to cost. So there are no surprises to them. But I was surprised at the cost when I saw it.

This is an LP being sent to Switzerland:

[​IMG]