Liam Gallagher Why Me? Why Not. Second Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

I had 'Paper Crown', 'Wall Of Glass', 'Bold', 'I Never Wanna Be Like You', 'Greedy Soul' and 'All My People / All Mankind' still on rotation 2 years after release.

I now only still play 'Shockwave', 'One Of Us', 'Once', 'Alright Now' and 'Halo'...

NunoBento and Carl80 like this.
  2. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

His band sound fine to me but i've only seen them on TV.

3. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Same, I thought the first album was a solid debut album and some of the best stuff since Oasis broke up and Noel’s solo debut.

Paper Crown, Bold, I Never Wanna Be Like You, All My People and For What’s It’s Worth are great songs and I had them on repeat for about a year after release, the new album just hasn’t got me the same as the first.

4. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

I recall that just a month before Liam broke up the band, Beady Eye were playing the Live Music Hall club in Cologne. It's a small place, holds maybe 120 or so. I remember thinking, "Oasis would have been playing the Kölnarena or the football stadium."

lobo and Gavaxeman like this.
  5. TaumpyTears

TaumpyTears Forum Resident

People like to throw crap at the band especially Jay but imo the weak link is Drew. Lifeless, no passion and horrible singing. See Roll With It from Glastonbury for proof.

for the people that have watched AS IT WAS there’s a scene when LG & Gem are being interviewed during a Beady Eye gig and Liam very matter of factly says “it’s a shame” that BE are playing small venues compared to what oasis played. I love the dude’s honesty.

NunoBento and FJFP like this.
  6. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

:angel: Halo.

Later ...,with Jools Holland.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  8. LilacTeardrop

Such a big Liam fan, but this performance...just, no. :unhunh: :hide: So nasal & whiny first half of song, wasn't until near end that the rougher sound came in; he needs that throaty balance to the nasal. (And, I seem to like nasally singers, too.) The recorder - ungh. :rolleyes: And, lose that rock 'n roll placard - looks cheap, silly & tacky. The song really sounds like a weaker Beady Eye "The Roller".

Gotta give this round to Noel/Jools Holland performance. (I believe they were a couple of weeks apart.)

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Wandering Star (Later... With Jools Holland)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    PhantomStranger, Devin and alexpop like this.
  9. alexpop

Beady Eye? That’s what I thought. Not one of my fave’s. Ok on the album though.

10. alexpop

Liked the fender telecaster custom gtr break, Lesley sound ..reminded me of the white album.

11. alexpop

See Noel’s got a Christmas single out. Not that great or the video either. Liam would have cleaned up. Charity -Happy Xmas ( War is over)

12. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

My thoughts. If Beady Eye's 'Face The Crowd' would've been in this album it would've been celebrated, and if 'Halo' would've been on a Beady Eye record it would've been hated.

Irrelevant to that point, but for me personally 'Halo' is one of the very few songs on the album I really enjoy, even though it's 'Let's Spend The Night Together' with a rougher edge.

Saw him live in Dublin last night, what a set. Rock show of the year. And what a crowd.

NunoBento, LilacTeardrop and alexpop like this.
  13. alexpop

Yeah think it was PT of The Who said LG is much better live.

14. alexpop

sunking101 and mindgames like this.
  15. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

I love him off and on stage. Vocally definitely better on record. But can't beat the energy of the shows.

NunoBento and alexpop like this.
  16. alexpop

Thespian spit and all that. :)

17. Devin

Devin Time's Up

Totally agree about that silly Rock 'n Roll sign. Not neccessary at all. Beyond that it looks super cheaply done. Like a sign you'd see at a jumble sale or something. Needs to go!

His performance was lackluster. Seemed like LG was phoning it in. Probably on his LG phone. I'll let him slide on this one. But next time...

18. alexpop

No probs with the performance myself, just the song itself.

19. alexpop

Robbie Williams has got a boxing promoter for his RW v LG fight. I’d love to see Liam doing a Brad Pitt ala S n a t c h and knocking the Butlins singer for six, :wantsome:take that and that indeed.:D

Gavaxeman likes this.
  20. LilacTeardrop

From Jools Holland show, I think(?) I always felt that Noel kinda "cheated" in a way b/c he affixed his name to High Flying Birds, whereas Liam did not & I thought that gave Noel an advantage. If Liam had done same w/Beady Eye, I think there probably would've been an entirely different outcome + he would've had his bandmates with him, still. Bad timing. His voice did need the break, though, b/c while BE studio recordings sounded terrific; live could sound more uneven/not as strong. I don't get why Beady Eye weren't booked into bigger venues, although I don't think HFB were, either. It could've been promotors, et. al. were a little skittish about him w/out Noel; maybe not showing up, etc. (?)

WMWN after AYW: He did the same hype here/solo that he did w/Beady Eye, after 1st DGSS; that the next would be so much bolder ~ that braggadocio worked for him/Oasis; not as much in these instances. It's almost like the opposite occurs...that you hype it up that much, it's not going to live up to it. Overall, it doesn't matter, though, b/c fans still adore him! :angel: As he sung in BE The Beat Goes On, he is, indeed, "the last of a dying breed". I, for one, hope he lives on lots longer! (I'd just love to see circumstances where he, not Noel, is w/the band, again; ..so long as they're remaining separate entities. That, to me, seems so unfair, that Noel ended up w/Gem & Chris Sharrock. Gem writes well with & for Liam. Andy, too, but time moves on & he's doing the Ride thing. It is great to see Bonehead on stage w/Liam, again! I also found it a bit odd that Chris Sharrock was on drums for Robbie Williams (the nemesis & that's just sad, that he's engaging in stupid antics re: boxing Liam...give it a rest, already), in between Beady Eye's demise & going w/Noel. Well, I guess you gotta work, but are there that few good drummers? I can see that he stradles the rock/pop world overall, though; he'd been drummer for World Party (rock/power-pop) before becoming Oasis' drummer. ~ Thought World Party were releasing new material in '19 :confused:

alexpop likes this.
  21. alexpop

LG very humble, and very young looking ( even mentions Paul Weller).

22. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

23. manco

manco Forum Resident

24. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

try this one

25. manco

manco Forum Resident

Well, Margaret Court is a racist, sexist piece of dung who would approve of this curfew. However Liam is still a prat, leaning on Noel's songs.

Mother likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.