Linda Ronstadt Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Price.pittsburgh, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

Did you notice Mick's t-shirt? :)

2. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I thought it was just the stress of becoming royalty.

Billy_Sunday and GoodKitty like this.
  3. Chris DeVoe

Linda singing Texas Girl at the Funeral of her Father with its author Randy Newman on piano:

4. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

Wow.
    That's nice.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  5. mcd4959

mcd4959 Head in the Clouds

Been travelling so I'm a little late, but happy belated 73rd birthday to the lovely, incomparable Linda.

[​IMG]

6. Davmoco

Davmoco Forum Resident

I've enjoying reading this thread, and really look forward to the film about her. I made today 'Ronstadt Sunday' and have been listening to her music all day long so far, only broken in by the woman I consider to be a Linda Ronstadt for these years . . .Lydia Loveless.

7. eddiejinnj

eddiejinnj Well-Known Member

A very kind man gave me an autographed copy of the live album. It was rt after my dad passed in March. Let's just say he helped restore my faith in humanity!!!! He mailed it to my house and though we have spoken for many years on the internet we have never met. No matter, I will remember that act of kindness "Till I'm Gone Long Gone". eddiejinnj

PS: I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your "Linda Sunday", Lydia I'll take a shot; any relation to Patty?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  8. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

9. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

10. eddiejinnj

Hopefully, it will play in Cherry Hill on the NJ side or Philly at the farthest. I live one mile from Barnegat Bay. A couple roads over off Main you can see the bay!!! Closer and/or other places in NJ would be good also. eddiejinnj

11. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Great song off a great album. I haven't heard Linda sing it before, very nice.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  12. Chris DeVoe

It's been one of my very favorite performances since discovering it on YouTube several years ago.

Edit: Strange how Android speech recognition puts in the correct information, only then change it a few seconds later after I no longer am looking.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    mark winstanley likes this.
  13. mark winstanley

It looks like there was more too... where on earth are all the dvd's/bluray's of Ronstadt doing shows and concerts!!!!!

14. mcd4959

mcd4959 Head in the Clouds

There is a DVD of the entire Randy Newman show. As for legit Linda concerts...sigh...I keep hoping and hoping... There are a few decent bootleg shows out there but what I would give for a professional version of one of her mid-70's-80's shows.

mark winstanley likes this.
  15. mark winstanley

I know they exist/ed i remember seeing one on tv around the Mad Love era

azideam likes this.
  16. eddiejinnj

It's "Randy at the Odeon"? I believe that the name of venue. Great set. The song with Randy, Linda and Ry Cooder "Rider in the Rain" a great song!!!!! eddiejinnj

heartbreaker and azideam like this.
  17. azideam

azideam Forum Resident

That was the HBO in-studio concert for the Mad Love tour. There are bootleg DVDs of it. The recent live CD is sourced from that performance.

18. mark winstanley

Yea, that's the one.
    It shouldn't be a bootleg, and it shouldn't be shortened to put on a cd ... makes me angry lol

19. azideam

azideam Forum Resident

Agreed. The videotape shouldn't need much restoration work to put it out on a official DVD or Blu. Rhino posted two songs from it on YouTube, and the video quality is great standard def.

20. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have a copy of it and they even sent a cd of the entire show as well which I uploaded to my iTunes so its part of my Apple Music library.
    I haven't even bought the shortened official cd although its part of my Apple music library too.
    The dvd quality is pretty good all things considered.

heartbreaker and mark winstanley like this.
  21. eddiejinnj

John Boylan said that they needed to hone it down to that amount of songs because it was coming out vinyl, too. He said he can understand why it would seem unusual or something to that effect. Also, not sure if it would have cost more royalty wise or some biz thing that they considered. John B. gave the answer so we got what we got and it a good live cd but I agree and brought it up "why no whole set list?". eddiejinnj

heartbreaker likes this.
  22. eddiejinnj

I have a Mad Love DVD also, somewhere out there in stuffland!!!!! eddiejinnj

23. Mickey2

Mickey2 Forum Resident

24. eddiejinnj

If you saying in pic form that this cd has more than 13 songs, you are correct. I was just conveying what had been mentioned RE: John Boylan addressing the fact that the new live album wasn't the full setlist of the concert it was culled from. eddiejinnj

heartbreaker and melstapler like this.
  25. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

This might make sense if no one had ever released a double live album on vinyl before.